Need help on "three letter organization"

elh0102

Jul 31, 2018
NC
I understand, and fully agree with the desire to keep the forum non-political. But I continue to see the above reference to agencies that are usually pretty obvious, and I don't understand that paranoia. Why should we hide the reference to a regulatory agency? I mean, what should we call the Senate, a "six letter legislative body"? As my wife (a five letter queen) might say, it's probably obvious, and I just don't get it.

It can be a liability thing ? I was on several board of directors and under the law i could be held liable by an individual suing the company or club or in this case web site . false info leading to harm , monetary of physical
Interesting. As some one on a couple of boards, both private and public, I was always covered by Directors and Officers (D&O) Insurance. I was also not personally liable except in cases of Gross or Criminal Negligence, or actual Criminal acts.

Like it or not, we have a database of "blacklisted" words. We've chosen these words to either:

A. Reduce a Moderators work-load
B. Automatically enforce the rules in play
C. Identify and isolate scammers/spammers
D. Minimize keywords from "larger" search engines

We're not perfect, we don't claim to be... but just like you, we want this party to last as long as possible.

Thanks for playing along

-Michael

Interesting. As some one on a couple of boards, both private and public, I was always covered by Directors and Officers (D&O) Insurance. I was also not personally liable except in cases of Gross or Criminal Negligence, or actual Criminal acts.
That should be the case. Problem is, regulations are complicated, and noncompliance can result in a finding of illegal activity, which can be sticky regarding personal liability of directors and officers. Obviously, damages have to be proven, but it happens. If serving in that capacity, I would talk to my lawyer and insurance agent about a personal liability policy, and be sure of its terms.