Need help installing Vortek PG4 kit in hw95.

I will tell you guys, I have about had it with this hw95. I ordered a Vortek PG4 kit, but it seems like the plastic coil guard is too large for the inner diameter of the piston. The piston appears to have an inner metal sleeve that prevents me from sliding the coil in. What do you think? anybody else had this issue?? I don't think Vortek has the right phone number listed. They haven't answered the phone for days and are not responding to my emails. 

IMG_1053.1643670710.JPG

IMG_1054.1643670757.JPG

I ordered a SHO kit from Vortek but it shot 11FPE. I eMailed Vortek to say that I’m suspicious it is a 12FPE kit mislabled as Super High Output. The Vortek spring is several coils shorter than the stock 15 FPE spring. I was hoping they would offer to send me the correct kit, but no response for 6 months. Meanwhile they came out with a new version and had time to reach out to YouTubers with free kit installations. If I ever order another tune kit, it’ll be from Ye Olde English Shoppe: TbT.

Hi, I am about to install the same PG4 HO kit in my Beeman R9 ,( HW95). Just wondering how you got the piston sleeve out? I've read that you can use a small screw driver , pry the top lip out a bit and then use a soft ( not quite sure what that is) needle nose plyers to pull it out. It appears to be in there pretty tight. Is this what you did and did it come out reasonably easy? Did you destroy it getting it out? 

Thanks ,

Al

I used a straight pointy pick from an automotive tool set to pry the sleeve edge off the surface. Then I pulled the sleeve out with needle nose pliers. It required a lot of force and the sleeve is deformed, I would have to do some work if I decide to re-use it. I have a brand name pick set that is expensive, you can probably get a Harbor Freight set and it would work just as well. 

OK , I will pick up a pic set at Princess Auto tomorrow. We don't have Harbour Freight here in Nova Scotia. I took out the spring tonight, Used the rail compressor I purchased to add a little pressure to back. Not overly impressed with the rail compressor, had a hard time keeping it on the 11mm rail, as the back kept lifting up. The 4 blocks came out pretty easy. Spring was jammed in there pretty good and broken in 6 different pieces all jammed into each other. No wonder the gun was loosing power and accuracy and last used was crunchy. Haven't taken the barrel of yet so haven't got the piston or sleeve out but my guess is that the sleeve must be pretty gouged out from all the broken pieces sliding up and down it. So glad the issue was the spring and not the trigger . 

Thanks BZO100 for taking the time to help me. 

Al .