FX Need help!! FX Maverick compact

So I recently got a maverick on a trade and it is in excellent condition but unfortunately it has a leak. Think it was just one of those random things that happen as it isn’t a mistreated air rifle. Anyways I have stripped it down to it core parts and have identified the exact area of the leak but haven’t the slightest idea what’s causing the leak. It is on the main tube directly above the trigger. There is a small hole and that is where the air is coming from and no where else. Looks to be a factory hole of some sort. If anyone could help me out would greatly appreciate it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

To verify, it's leaking out of the breather hole in the rear tube correct? If yes, you get to rebuild the #2 regulator, actually you only need to pull the adjuster screw and replace the bottom o-ring but.....get ahead of the game and do all of them. Please note that FX has changed the
O-ring 4x1,5 NBR70 to a NBR90, they sent me some replacement parts and that new one was part of the pieces they sent. If the 0-0rings say 90 don't use a 70 you'll just have to redo it. IMHO forget those so called kits, you never know what they put in them. I get my 0-rings from The O-ring Store they have all of them in the proper hardness. Don't forget to lube them as you reassemble.

Hi YamahaR1,

That is a regulator atmosphere hole, so if the air is coming from the hole the regulator is leaking. If you need further assistance please give us a call or email.

Regards,

FX Airguns USA

Contact
Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4PM EST
Friday 9 AM - 3PM EST
Phone: (866) 639-0772
Email : [email protected]

Reactions: Florida_Man
Hi YamahaR1,

That is a regulator atmosphere hole, so if the air is coming from the hole the regulator is leaking. If you need further assistance please give us a call or email.

Regards,

FX Airguns USA

Contact
Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4PM EST
Friday 9 AM - 3PM EST
Phone: (866) 639-0772
Email : [email protected]
As long as you are here, am I correct about O-ring 4x1,5 NBR70 to a NBR90 being changed??

Thanks for the reply’s, pulled reg apart and replaced o rings seemed to have fixed the leak for now. Will be calling Monday to order a couple reg rebuild kits.
Not recommended, if FX has changed one of the 0-rings to 90's, put in a 70 and you'll have a failure faster. I've got baggies coming in tomorrow, I can slap a few kits together for you. I have to rebuild both of my Mav's, I'll bet it's that darn 70 that wore on both of them.