• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need help finding a scope for rifle (Evanix Max Air)

Bug Buster 12 power is a great scope under $100 new off eBay. Also the HAWKE Airmax Series goes from $189-$400 new on eBay. Try and get a 12 or 14 power scope. 12 and 14 power is handy for 17 power. I used to have Bug Busters on all my guns. If you get a Hawke Airmax 3-12 or 3-9x it is also light.They just came out with a new Compact model too. -Nate

Hawke vantage 4x fixed or hawke vantage 2x7 would be the best 100 dollar range scope. Way better than utg in my opinion. For 200 dollar range Vortex crossfire with mildot reticle. For 300 I like swfa ss 6x fixed power. Honestly I know alot of people like variable power but you can't get better glass than the swfa this side of 1000 bucks. Lifetime warranty on all those scopes btw. Check out cyclops videos that guy knows his stuff and he's good for a laugh. 

The BUG BUSTER has a 3 YARD minimum focus = 9 feet. Pretty crappy scope IMHO but at least it's cheap. It is the ONLY one you will probably find with THIS CLOSE FOCUS on the parallax other than the LEUPOLD EFR thats within your stated budget that the parallax AO spins way past below that 10 yard minimum mark on the Leupold EFR but the Bug Buster focuses closer. 

The BUG BUSTER has a 3 YARD minimum focus = 9 feet. Pretty crappy scope IMHO but at least it's cheap. It is the ONLY one you will probably find with THIS CLOSE FOCUS on the parallax other than the LEUPOLD EFR thats within your stated budget that the parallax AO spins way past below that 10 yard minimum mark on the Leupold EFR but the Bug Buster focuses closer.

Any recommendations with a 40 or 50 objective lens diameter? I do want to maintain that 10' minimum distance but also flexible to scope out up to 75 yards.

Edit: i think this is it: https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-vx-freedom-3-9x50-1-inch-riflescopes.html?_iv_parent-minimum-magnification=3-x&_iv_parent-objective-lens-diameter=range-50-59-mm&_iv_parent-tube-diameter=1-in&_iv_code=LU-RS-VXF3950RS-174185

I recently bought a used Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32. It's rated down to 7 yards but I think it will do a bit better than that. I can try it next time I'm home.

It's in your budget if you can find one. No idea how it compares to the Leupold that Yo suggested.

However, if fast target acquisition is needed at 10' you might like the 2-7x32 or 3-9x32 versions better. I assume they have the same 7 yard parallax as the 4.5-14. They seem to be harder to find than the 4.5-14, however.

I'm not a fan of either the Bugbuster or Hawke Vantage but agree the Hawke is the better scope. The Bugbuster focuses better at close range, however and I do prefer the side adjustment versus the objective adjustment of the Hawke.