Need help ERnest plenum kit

1580041754_502403435e2d861a902be6.63158435_A6BE3F9A-42C9-43D2-9C69-D397DB075DC4.jpeg
1580041687_14008776855e2d85d7448092.63064187_3DC4EFF1-FC42-4875-BC98-9BDF7A459148.jpeg
My valve on my impact wont hold much with the plenum kit any idea did any one have this problem

regulator set to 120-125

the first photo with red circle after around 30 shoots 

any more durable valve pin

Looks like the valve seat diameter is too big for your valve.

The new power plenum valve is 7.5mm in diameter, the older types are 7mm if I recall correctly.

If you install the original valve seat (with a smaller internal diameter), you will likely not encounter this issue anymore.

I replaced the valve poppet material from delrin to PEEK on my power plenum valve, which seems to be a lot harder and more durable than Delrin/POM.

1580052394_2020794085e2dafaa9811a5.09449496_IMG-20200123-WA0010.jpeg

I had this same issue and ordered a replacement thinking that the newer one would be a bit bigger and it was not. As Weatherby said, that poppet can be replaced. If you can make a larger poppet valve that is the easiest route to go. Heat up the metal by the old poppet to release the Loctite and unscrew the end from the shaft. If you can't make one, maybe send them off to FX USA in North Carolina and ask that Ernest put a larger poppet valve on them for you.

Looks great where to get this stuff from ? 

Seems like a weak point on the impact 

same size diameter or we have to lathe it

Google "plastic supplier distributor near you" and you should come up with a nearby business that provides specific plastics to businesses for manufacturing. I get my metals and plastics from Alro Plastics, an industrial metal and plastics distributor.

The new power plenum valve is 7.5mm in diameter, the older types are 7mm if I recall correctly.

If you install the original valve seat (with a smaller internal diameter), you will likely not encounter this issue anymore.

I replaced the valve poppet material from delrin to PEEK on my power plenum valve, which seems to be a lot harder and more durable than Delrin/POM.

What diameter should we go for ?

Mine is 7mm will go 7.5 ?

Yep, 7.5 should be perfect.

I've made mine on my lathe from 10mm PEEK rod. When you drill the center hole to 3mm, you are good to go, because the shaft itself is a little bit bigger (3.08mm, a nice press fit for a 3mm hole)

PEEK is a high end polymer, it has got great heat resistance and is over 50% harder than POM (Delrin)

Mine is 7mm will go 7.5 ?

Yep, 7.5 should be perfect.

I've made mine on my lathe from 10mm PEEK rod. When you drill the center hole to 3mm, you are good to go, because the shaft itself is a little bit bigger (3.08mm, a nice press fit for a 3mm hole)

PEEK is a high end polymer, it has got great heat resistance and is over 50% harder than POM (Delrin)

👍🏻 Willgo for it 

thanks alot

The valve should be 6.35mm from about a month after the MKII came out (the ones with an integrated seat). I thought this new kit came with the same size.

My valve on my impact wont hold much with the plenum kit any idea did any one have this problem regulator set to 120-125 the first photo with red circle after around 30 shoots any more durable valve pin

Did this plenum kit or power kit originally come from Ernest Rowe ?

Is this a plenum kit or a power kit ?

A plenum in the case of an airgun is the area that holds regulated air until the valve opens to fire the gun.

A "power kit" is usually just a larger valve seat and hammer weight.

I believe you intended to say that you purchased a used fx impact with a "power kit" preinstalled.

The valve should be 6.35mm from about a month after the MKII came out (the ones with an integrated seat). I thought this new kit came with the same size.

The new valve in the power plenum kit has got a 7.5mm valve poppet diameter, and a 6.5mm valve seat inner diameter. (Also a integrated seat, like the mk2)

The valve stem itself is a bit shorter as well, compared with the Impact X stem (With separate, non-integral valve seat) 

The new valve in the power plenum kit has got a 7.5mm valve poppet diameter, and a 6.5mm valve seat inner diameter. (Also a integrated seat, like the mk2)

The valve stem itself is a bit shorter as well, compared with the Impact X stem (With separate, non-integral valve seat)

Just curios if you measured the newest valve seat? I ask because Mr Rowe used to sell valve seats on ebay that were advertised as 6mm but were actually 5.8mm. Then I believe the MKII valve was called 6.5mm (at least for awhile) but was actually 6.35mm.

Just curios if you measured the newest valve seat? I ask because Mr Rowe used to sell valve seats on ebay that were advertised as 6mm but were actually 5.8mm. Then I believe the MKII valve was called 6.5mm (at least for awhile) but was actually 6.35mm.

Yes, I'm 100% sure :)

I've measured the ID of the newest PP valve housing with a drill bit (I have got 2 set of drills going from 1 to 10mm in size, in 0.1mm increments) and it came out at 6.5mm.

I've measured the ID of the newest PP valve housing with a drill bit (I have got 2 set of drills going from 1 to 10mm in size, in 0.1mm increments) and it came out at 6.5mm.

Thanks and I agree that the seal should be made from PEEK when the valve is 6.5mm or larger. I'm glad to see you put a taper on the back of yours to improve airflow.

Edited for my dyslexic mistake.

Thanks and I agree that the seal should be made from PEEK when the valve is 6.5mm or larger. I'm glad to see you put a taper on the back of yours to improve airflow.

Edited for my dyslexic mistake.

That credit will have to go to FX, as the stock PP valve was already shaped like this in stock form from factory :)

(I messed up my brand new PP valve during some experimental stuff, so I was forced to make a new one...... don't tell anyone ;) )

That credit will have to go to FX, as the stock PP valve was already shaped like this in stock form from factory :)

(I messed up my brand new PP valve during some experimental stuff, so I was forced to make a new one...... don't tell anyone ;) )

I use the natural color PEEK also so that I don't get my stock mixed up with black delrin.