• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need help deciding!!

Sorry for the posts guys but I am beating myself up over entering the pcp world. I have two springers now want a pcp. I have been all over the map on which one. I do really like the looks of the origin. Isn’t it Chinese though? I’m looking at that and then the marauder pistol. I like the idea of the pistol because it is small and light. I can take it up in the tree with me in bow season. It will also be extremely hand pump friendly. I was initially turned off by it due to its kind of low power. I however have discovered it’s pretty easy to make it an 800 FPS gun with 14 gr pellet which would be perfect. Realize it will be much lower shot count but that is ok. It seems pretty upgradeable and nice and small for hunting. What do you guys think? Origin or P-rod.

I own both and the Origin and P-Rod advantage are no regulator to fail or go coo-koos and 5 YEAR Benjamin Warranty and 3 YEAR Origin Warranty.

The Origin is hands down more accurate and more powerful than the P-Rod. I bought the Origin to pump up to 2200psi max as a more trouble free alternative than buying the Avenger.

The hand pump that's included is probably junk and not gonna last. I use a $40 Chinese hand pump from Amazon several years ago that Wal-Mart online sells for just over $50 with tge foldable legs. It's easier to pump than my Hill MK3 pump.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/opinions-welcomed-on-cheapest-umarex-origin-299-with-free-pump-free-ship/?view=all#post-965193

Not sure what happened to the videos-!

Probably your most trouble free PCP option would be a Benjamin Maximus just add a TKO or Airgununiverse $27 LDC plus a $60 Crosman Challenger match trigger and free credit gift card shim you make yourself. Light weight and always dead on even after tossing it in the back of the truck.

I use a padded SIGHTRON SIII scope coat to protect my Leupold EFR custom shop scope though-! This one has a Custom Shop Leupold EFR just to keep the weight down on this one-!

20200918_1536375.1617926278.jpg

A Leupold EFR VX Freedom 3-9x33 with standard plex crosshair reticle may be good enough or a SFP Vector Veyron 3-12x44 to keep the weight down or if weight isn't a problem one of the Alpha6 scopes (price shop smart of course maybe find one for less than $200 shipped) should be fine with super duper bright and clear glass with daytime visible bright illumination that won't break the bank.

My .22 FX 400 Royale was my first PCP. It has killed a gazillion squirrels. It's an awesome air rifle, a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. I have a Hawke 4-12x40 scope on it - great combination. I have since picked up a Daystate .22 Wolverine R and it rivals the Royale in accuracy.

I've shot H&N Sport Baracuda Match, 21.39 gr pellets from both and here's what I got:

The Royale 400 - 832.5 fps on avg, giving me 32.54 ft-lb

The Wolverine - 785.3 fps on avg, giving me 29.17 ft-lb

I don't recall their shot-counts before falling off the reg.