• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need front sight on Hatsan galatian 177 22

Here is one of Williams Streamline ramps. They are somewhat universal. You will need to know the height of your rear sight to determine the height of your front sight. Here in my photos the sight is not mounted. It’s just sitting on my Hatsan Mdl 95 to give you an idea of how it fits and looks 

1564455682_10074336115d3fb302807693.98944289_275B78F1-ADD1-44B7-BAE8-7459EC01C678.jpeg
1564455700_16886894015d3fb314a0e1b6.47878964_F1982F84-45E0-4BBD-83ED-BF3D657E429A.jpeg

I'm not sure I know what a Uni mount is

but it you took a small piece of weaver mount and put it on that shroud maybe these could work or something like it

https://www.ansgear.com/Knight_s_Armament_Back_Up_Iron_Sights_Black_p/kaabuismicroblk.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhJnRpYbc4wIVBtRkCh38qApcEAQYASABEgLz_vD_BwE

a shotgun mount that had a round bottom would be my choice but I think it would look odd but at the same time function well 

at the same time the rifle you want with the factory sights looks odd, looks like a shotgun 

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product/galatian-walnut-semi-auto-open-sample/

so a perfect world it ain't

that's all I got sorry no help from me

So you came up with all the same stuff as I did. A uni or universal mount is what you are suggesting but it can fit any barrel size. I want something more like a jailbreak that the front sight can attach directly to but I don't know the size because I want to get the lack of sights fixed before I do. So yeah that's what I want. Yes I am aware it looks like a shotgun.

T

projects are hard without a patient on hand so there will be no easy solution

open sights on rifle that did come on them come up from time to time and sometimes one end is easy and the other is impossible

and I'm with you when do such a project to make it look as clean as a factory would do

but these attempts are few and far between so cheat info is out there

even if I had a rifle in hand there would be much backside scratching to work it out and make it look good

the rear sight could be made out of a cut down scope ring or a weaver riser with the grooves removed and a rear sight from somewhere and the could be the Williams ramp that is above

no patient, not easy

well take care

mike

drilling and tapping a shroud may prove to be a challenge as the material may be very thin.

i would look to JB Weld it into place.

you also must make sure the shroud remains solidly locked in place so it does NOT rotate and front and rear sights are perfectly aligned vertically.

you could also consider the use of a good red dot sighting device...😊😏