Need feedback on AV Avenger

I had both the .25 .... and the .22 Avenger ... I sent both guns back for refund .... the hammer spring adjusters on both did not operate correctly , and not repeat adjustable with same results ...both guns had reg creep off, and on.... then when resetting reg pressure I had a hard time getting the guns poppet to seal up , the plastic stock feels like it should be on a little kids toy gun made by matel LOL ! ... I was lucky I was able to return for full refund for these Avengers ... the idea/concept was fantastic , and if they had a wood stock or better synthetic ,and had all of the mechanics of the gun operating reliable and correctly they would really have some thing but to many corners were cut , they would be better off to do those corrections and charge 350 - 400 bucks would be fine ....

My experience was similar with the Avenger. I went through three .25s. Two had air leaks, and the third had bad reg creep. Certainly fixable problems but not worth it to me. I sent them back for refunds and I am done with the Avenger hype train. For a little bit more money, a Marauder can be had which is a vastly superior gun with parts just a phone call away. It also runs at 3,000 psi, which if you're new to PCPs and don't have a compressor, is a lot easier to get to with a hand pump or YH. I have a friend who has a .22 Avenger, his first pcp, and he loves it. Something to note is that the Avengers are loud, certainly louder than a Marauder, and you may need a moderator to make it backyard friendly, which is gonna add more money to the overall price.

Air Venturi Avenger 25 cal.1624632196.JPG
I bought the 25 cal and i love it! No i doesn't have the heaver wood stock but,, It dose what it was made to do very well. with small tune it has 46-47 ft pounds with 25.36 jbs pellets and is very tuneable to shoot many different ammo. With the new valve in place,, NO LEAKS. PA had it for a week with 2800 psi and i have had it 2900-1500 for 2 weeks. I do have the Donny FL extender.

My 25 Avenger leaked when I got it but Air Venturi fixed it under warranty. I shot it at first with a 1600 regulator setting but after I got a compressor (Yong Heng) I increased regulator pressure in several stages to 2400 and then I depressurized it and went back down to 2100. The velocity gain from 2100 to 2400 was only about 20 fps. I get 880+ on 25.4 grain FX pellets at 2100. Plenty for my purposes. I fill to 4,000 sometimes and I did when I hand pumped it. Certainly doable but takes a lot of pumps.

The AV regulator is not like one that costs nearly as much as the gun but it works. Mine moves around a little but it doesn't affect velocity much. You don't get a $1200 gun for $300.

I have been surprised at the accuracy. I get a lot of 1/4 inch groups at 33 yards with FX 25.4 and JSB heavies (not MKII).

Mine wears a Primary Air 4-14X and shoots to the same poi when I pick it up as where I left it last shooting session.

I think the comments on the stock are silly. It works fine. Again, you don't get a $1200 gun for $300. I like my Prod too and it's stock is just inexpensive plastic too. That is what to expect on entry level guns. The stock on my Savage 30-06 is not exciting either.

I like my Avenger and am happy I got it.

I have the 22 wood stock version. QC issues for sure out of the box. The front part of the picatinny rail was loose causing it to shoot massively low out of the box. The reg creeps causing a 20 FPS velocity spike on the first shot. Others are very consistent and very accurate. Could I send it back? Yes, but why not? Obviously at the price point the stock reg isn’t that great. Just because one is working “now” doesn’t change that fact. Why send it off to get another junky reg? I will just replace it down the road which is what I would do even if they sent me with one that worked out of the box correctly. The velocity spike really doesn’t change POI much out to 45 yards which is about all I ever shoot. Really isn’t much of an issue. Not too bad a gun. Do I expect it to last years and years without an inevitable tear down and major maintenance? No way. 

So it is time for me to chime in. Enough about what could possibly go wrong with this rifle, and if you are offended by the lightweight buttstock then foam fill it like I did. Show me a better choice for an entry PCP that does what this rifle does. Mine in 25cal shoots circles around my other 22cals at long range. Out of the box it barks, but after market fixes, and there are many, make it silent even though this cal uses more air volume. Hammer tension and regulator control works as advertised and with this rifle I am able to make it do what I want it to do.

My proving range is always 85yds, and when something looks promising I print targets on this range. Before working up to this range I shoot them all at first 35yds, 55yds, 85yds, and 110yds. Idealy a dead center scope adjustment at 85yds means a hold under at 55yds. Even though pre-orders are now $50 more than in the past this PCP still has more to offer than it’s competition.

Those owning high dollar precision rifles, myself included, question an inexpensive rifle that can do nearly the same thing, but other than ego there is no reason to criticize this rifles abilities. Physics requires facts, and the facts have shown me that a new normal is going to redefine performance that doesn’t have to break the bank.

Tom