Need feedback on AV Avenger

I'm ready to buy a new Air Venturi Avenger and I THINK .22 would best fit the bill right now. Is it still considered the best PCP in that $300 range or has the newness worn off and problems or QC issues entered the pic? I see some complaints here and there but to me, most are user error. I also see some other guns being mentioned and not much chatter about the Avenger and it appears to be missing from all top 10 PCP rifle lists I've seen so far. So ... what say ye? Good buy for a first PCP or is there something better at that price point that I should look at? Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you want to do. It is probably the best budget high powered PCP and shoots both pellets and slugs well to around 70-80 yard with relative ease. However is a lot of QC and fitment issues, definitely take it apart and clean out everything and put it back together with care. It’s slapped together in the fastest way. 

for first PCP I would suggest something less power and more accuracy out of box, learn how to work on them and tune them and realize how much power you need vs want. 

I personally think the Avenger might have taken some business away from other guns as it is certainly good enough, it also made it onto several best and top budget airgun lists, etc.

Lately even well known airgun people like Matt Dubber and Ted's Holdover on Youtube are reviewing them favorably, and these guys usually do higher end gun reviews.

And several vendors are sold out of them more often than not, so there is something going on with this gun. I own one in .22 and can vouch for its trouble free, accurate and powerful performance, not to mention how easy it is to set up for whatever and however you shoot since it has all that external adjustability without having to disassemble anything.

The common knock on the Avenger is the hollow sounding synthetic stock which you notice right away when handling it, but you will also notice that it is very light in weight and comfortable to carry for longer periods.

$299 is not that big of a hit to take when you later on make the inevitable jump to higher end PCPs as many do, since you will wind up acquiring the needed pump/tank/compressor accessories anyway.

Like Lay's potato chips, with PCPs you can't have just one.

What happened to Tony Stark?

Just keep the power as low as possible to prolong longevity. Be mindful when the warranty runs out. The part prone to fail doesn't even have a replacement part number and they're likely sold out due to all the warranty return swap outs.

Why do you think the ATI Nova Liberty version selling broken warranty swap outs for $100 AS-IS?

Just keep the power as low as possible to prolong longevity. Be mindful when the warranty runs out. The part prone to fail doesn't even have a replacement part number and they're likely sold out due to all the warranty return swap outs.

Why do you think the ATI Nova Liberty version selling broken warranty swap outs for $100 AS-IS?

I love my liberty but as 

If not already aware the same company in China who made the Nova Liberty makes the Avenger for Air Venturi. I think the company listened to most of the criticisms we had with the Liberty and then created the Avenger. I have a modified Duy Dinh valve and poppet in my Liberty and it shoots great if you don't mind hole-in-hole accuracy at 30 yards and beyond. I had to repair my regulator a short while back but all the orings are available from Captain Oring. 

My .22 avenger is very accurate and no issues so far. I’m shooting JSB 15.89 and AA 16 at 1600 psi on the reg. Best PCP for $300

3509392F-C35E-454E-A1FC-4D182D1E493F.1615777984.png

I have a 25, and hear the 22 is mo betta. I just don't have much use for a 22 since I have a great break barrel.

Tuned it down to a lot of video recommendations, and find it quite adequate. In reality, for my case, the difference between 2400 in the regulator and 2900 (max) is negligent. If it is linear, then there is nothing to be gained, so why not be more easy on the gun.

Is it great? For me, yes. Shoots lights out, consistent, light, and no better for me than this. It isn't expensive, and many equate expensive to "good". Mine is only a few months old, but so far, no matter the price or reputation, I can't see it being any better.

There seems to be a contention that some part, an important one, isn't listed on the after market parts replacement graph. Sorry I don't know what it is, just people reeling about an important one not listed. I've never seen the part talked about by name, or didn't know what they were talking about. I'm not much of a repairman at this point in PCP, so can't help there.

I have an Avenger in .177 and really enjoy shooting it. My Avenger .177 is a tad more powerful than my .177 Benjamin Marauder, but I feel both are about equal in accuracy.

I shot .177 RWS Meisterkugeln, 8.2 gr pellets from both of my PCPs and got the following results:

The .177 Avenger - Avg velocity was 1033.6. The FPE was 19.46 ft-lbs.

The .177 Benjamin - Avg velocity was 996.7. The FPE was 18.18 ft-lbs.

I am approaching the 3.000 pellet mark with my Avenger that i got last july and it's still shooting accuratelly and reliably.

It's a .22 and have the regulator set at 1.600 , HS at 2 turns in since the begining.It shoots the JSB/FX 18.13 grain and AA 16 grain the best.

When everything is right i get a few groups at .25'' or so at 50y, the typical group being more around .450'' on windless days.

Touché! Add the Nova Freedom and all that came after. Great guns "out of the box" but parts failures without a viable parts supply destroys these guns credibility unless you can make your own parts.

Well, that is if the poppet is as bad in the Avenger as it was in the guns the Avenger is based on.

I had both the .25 .... and the .22 Avenger ... I sent both guns back for refund .... the hammer spring adjusters on both did not operate correctly , and not repeat adjustable with same results ...both guns had reg creep off, and on.... then when resetting reg pressure I had a hard time getting the guns poppet to seal up , the plastic stock feels like it should be on a little kids toy gun made by matel LOL ! ... I was lucky I was able to return for full refund for these Avengers ... the idea/concept was fantastic , and if they had a wood stock or better synthetic ,and had all of the mechanics of the gun operating reliable and correctly they would really have some thing but to many corners were cut , they would be better off to do those corrections and charge 350 - 400 bucks would be fine .... 

I had both the .25 .... and the .22 Avenger ... I sent both guns back for refund .... the hammer spring adjusters on both did not operate correctly , and not repeat adjustable with same results ...both guns had reg creep off, and on.... then when resetting reg pressure I had a hard time getting the guns poppet to seal up , the plastic stock feels like it should be on a little kids toy gun made by matel LOL ! ... I was lucky I was able to return for full refund for these Avengers ... the idea/concept was fantastic , and if they had a wood stock or better synthetic ,and had all of the mechanics of the gun operating reliable and correctly they would really have some thing but to many corners were cut , they would be better off to do those corrections and charge 350 - 400 bucks would be fine ....

There is a wood stock version of the Avenger coming soon....

PY-5307_Air-Venturi-Avenger-22_1612992638.1615920318.jpg

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Air_Venturi_Avenger_Regulated_PCP_Air_Rifle_Wood_Stock/5307
$429.99
(Estimated in-stock date 05-24-21)

I am approaching the 3.000 pellet mark with my Avenger that i got last july and it's still shooting accuratelly and reliably.

It's a .22 and have the regulator set at 1.600 , HS at 2 turns in since the begining.It shoots the JSB/FX 18.13 grain and AA 16 grain the best.

When everything is right i get a few groups at .25'' or so at 50y, the typical group being more around .450'' on windless days.

Same experience here. My gun loves H&N Baracuda Match 21.14 grain.