• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need advice on Scott SCBA Quick Connect

I recently purchased a Scott SCBA tank with a quick connect for breathing apparatus and it also has a separate fill connection. I need to replace the quick connect with the appropriate connector that fits my airgun filling gauge. Anyone know what I need and where to get it?
1591390051_18438392655edaaf63a83b94.09330589.jpeg

Funny, I just posted the same thing the other day. So my understanding to this point is that the quick connect fits into a DIN300 (G5/8) fitting in the valve itself. So if you remove the quick disconnect with a wrench a DIN300 fill station will thread in. I have not verified at but it’s as far as I have gotten without receiving receiving my tank yet. If you try it before I do, let me know the results.

as for the quick connect....I believe it’s proprietary and you won’t find a mating connector.

Ryan

Reactions: Ssgmac
Does air come out the fill port when you open the bottle valve? 

If so, you should be able to screw your filling system onto the bottle there. It's called a CGA-347 and it looks like you have the "wrench tight" style. There's also a "hand tight" which is much easier to use.

Tom

I believe it has a built in check valve for filling.

Reactions: Lazaro68
Yes, I realize it is a one way valve. We have them at work. I couldn't recall if the air flowed or not when the valve was opened. 

If you don't get any satisfaction through Scott, you might try "Dalmation Fire" for thread information and possibly a fitting. There is a system available that will bypass the one way valve but, it has a hefty price tag (~$300 IIRC). You're chasing the least expensive route with what you're trying to do but, I'm not sure if what you're looking for will be available. You may have to get "an adaptor, to an adaptor, to an adaptor" type of set up. Another option might be to simply replace the valve assembly. If you end up looking into that route, send me a PM. I have an older valve, that will be a direct swap, that I can send to you. Those valves should be screwed in to a specific torque but, I don't think they use any loc-tite on the threads, since it is designed for breathing air. Point being, you may have to take it to a shop to get the valves swapped and a fresh (sacrificial) o-ring installed. 

Best of luck with your search!! 

Tom

Reactions: Ssgmac
Are you sure that there is a check valve on the CGA 347 side? If the quick connect hole is not suitable for a DIN 300 fitting, the cheapest thing would be to replace the valve. Make sure that the neck threads are compatible before ordering. Here is a metric version for an example. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000026760786.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.75fe4c4djQWzOl

When we plug them into our packs using the quick connect, nothing gets attached to the CGA. It's just covered over by a rubber boot. Then, when we turn the air on, we use the valve. Without an internal check valve, the boot would get blown off. ;)

Tom

Are you sure that there is a check valve on the CGA 347 side? If the quick connect hole is not suitable for a DIN 300 fitting, the cheapest thing would be to replace the valve. Make sure that the neck threads are compatible before ordering. Here is a metric version for an example. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000026760786.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.75fe4c4djQWzOl

When we plug them into our packs using the quick connect, nothing gets attached to the CGA. It's just covered over by a rubber boot. Then, when we turn the air on, we use the valve. Without an internal check valve, the boot would get blown off. ;)

Tom

Thanks Tom. I've never seen that type of valve before. I assume that it is made that way so as to avoid removing the tank when filling. Our fire brigades here in Aus only use DIN valves. By the way, the recommended torque for the valve is 70 FP but the advice recommended by the SCUBA industry is finger tight only because of the O-ring seal. If they are torqued down they can be almost impossible to remove for periodical inspections.

I just received my tank and confirmed that the socket the quick connector fits into is 300 bar DIN (7-thread, G5/8). A standard DIN300 filling station should fit perfectly. I also confirmed that both fittings are the same (quick connect, and DIN300 Fill connector with integrated check-valve).

Major Diameter for the thread on the quick connect measures 0.875x14TPI (G5/8 7 Thread, which is the DIN 300 Standard)

Happy shooting!

Pic attached
1591665992_5591456275edee548a23b21.07066601.jpg

Reactions: Lazaro68
Thanks for all the comments. I am getting a new valve without the quick connect from another member here on the forum. That way I can use the filling station I have on hand.

AllthingsAl, let us know if you actually installed a DIN300 filling station to the valve and it works. I'm sure I'm not the first or will be the last airgunner to buy a tank with one of these valves.

Ok so final conclusion here for this valve NxG2. I purchased a DIN 300 fill station and had multiple problems.

1. Threads on fill station were slightly off in diameter (too large). G5/8 is different from 7/8-14 (latter is on the valve) (had to rethread deeper)

2. Fill station connector is too long and won’t seal. (I had to cut it back)

Conclusion: Purchasing an entirely new valve with CGA347 connector is the way to go. I made the old valve work, but only because I have a metal lathe.