• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need Advice On a PCP

I am going to do a different sugestion : (since you seem FX inclined) get an FX Royale in .22 , get carbon bottle on it. This way you have an ergonomic lightweight package that is a proven an durable design. It also provides high shotcount, and efficient air-use, and possibility to get 30 fpe and 12 fpe rifle in one, with just switch of the wheel. It also has a good trigger. 

All the bulpups are great if you are looking for great power AND short length, but in general they are heavier...

just my 2 cts

Thanks for chiming in. I owned an older Royale (before smooth twist). Good gun but typical shot count from an unregulated tube gun. I'll look into the model with a carbon bottle. Just to be clear I'm not opposed to an FX but not a fanboy either. Guess you could say I'm neutral and open to other manufacturers

Want high shot count watch this, just remember it will probably take 4-5 months to get

https://youtu.be/O91Lzyytm34

I am going to do a different sugestion : (since you seem FX inclined) get an FX Royale in .22 , get carbon bottle on it. This way you have an ergonomic lightweight package that is a proven an durable design. It also provides high shotcount, and efficient air-use, and possibility to get 30 fpe and 12 fpe rifle in one, with just switch of the wheel. It also has a good trigger. 

All the bulpups are great if you are looking for great power AND short length, but in general they are heavier...

just my 2 cts

Thanks for chiming in. I owned an older Royale (before smooth twist). Good gun but typical shot count from an unregulated tube gun. I'll look into the model with a carbon bottle. Just to be clear I'm not opposed to an FX but not a fanboy either. Guess you could say I'm neutral and open to other manufacturers

klentz

Thanks for your reply. This is the type of input from an owner I had hoped for. I'll take a closer look at the Huben K1.

No problem. It’ll be the most fun gun he’s ever owned. When the pests are no where to be seen, there’s nothing like setting up a bunch of knockdown targets and plinking away with out having to cock a lever or bolt every shot.

Welcome back! 12 ft lbs should be more than enough for 20 yards. The Huben K1 can be EASILY adjusted from 70+ fpe to 12 fpe. Trigger is good considering it’s a semi auto. At 12 fpe it will get 100+ shots. Being that it’s a bullpup it’s perfect for close quarter maneuvering weighing in at 7 lbs and 32” OAL. Solid out of the box performer, mine hasn’t had any issues after 2 years and 1,000s of rounds

Curious... any issues with wild POI shift with an LDC attached? If works fine, may ask which LDC your using please? Thanks.

Never attached an LDC as the stock suppression system was more than adequate for my backyard 

Hello If I was to do it all over again I would reach out to Charle from Georgia Airguns and have him tune it to your specifications, He has a great product line and a really nice person to deal with. Hope this helps Eric.

Eric,

Once I narrow my choices and if I decide to buy new Charlie Frear at Georgia Airguns will definitely be one of the vendors I call. Thanks for your input

If your friend is old but still strong, buy the Uragan.

If your friend is old and would prefer a lighter air rifle, buy the Bantam.

Both will be more than perfectly suitable for his needs.

If he is shooting to VERY SMALL criters, the Bantam in .177 gives a lot of shots per fill. Power can be adjusted. But the accuracy is not good farther away than 70 yards.

My Bantam .177 is the official mice killer in the outside of my house. 

I would recommend a Daystate Huntsman with the power reduced a little for a higher shot count, I have two that have been adjusted down, a .177 and a .20, the .20 is regulated running at 19.5 fpe and it gets 65 shots/fill. Huntsmans are solid reliable and as accurate as they get...also on the lighter side. They come up for sale quite often.

I would recommend a Daystate Huntsman with the power reduced a little for a higher shot count, I have two that have been adjusted down, a .177 and a .20, the .20 is regulated running at 19.5 fpe and it gets 65 shots/fill. Huntsmans are solid reliable and as accurate as they get...also on the lighter side. They come up for sale quite often.

Agreed.. she's a beauty. She's a keeper :)

Huntsman is very nice and quite light - but suffers on shotcount when compared to bottleguns. Royale (with regulator and carbon bottle) should have as high shoutcount as any of the others (bulpups), with only difference that is is lighter. I am not an fx fanboy, but they got it right with the last iterations of the royale.

If you are set on a bulpup, then you could also consider an Edgun R3 (i prefer the earlier singleshot, the multi does not cycle smooth enough) these R3s are very lightweight (similar to huntsman) but with very high shotcount, especially if lowered to 12 fpe (my std did 70 shots at 30 fpe) Trigger is not as good as on royale though.

ps, I just checked the daystate site, the huntsman revere (regged) does 160 shots in .22 @ 12fpe - and that is for the small tube version. The export/xl version should do better.

I need your help identifying a pcp that I can buy for him that meets his needs. You need to know that he shoots out of his dining room window at his pests and the average distance is less than 20 yards. Beyond the obvious, i.e., accurate and good trigger here are the requirements in order of importance:

1-.22 caliber

2-High shot count. Very high shot count.

3-Quiet. Not necessarily out of the box but must be able to be made quiet.

4-Manuevarable off hand out of a window. Lightweight and short. Not sure if this translates to a bullpup, compact, mini, or?

5-All of the myriad of tuning adjustments like hst, reg, hammer, etc., etc. will probably be wasted on this requirement BUT if it could be adjusted down to around 12 ft/lb to increase shot count that would probably be enough power for his needs.

6-Needs to work out of the box. Neither he nor I are airgun mechanics. Reliability, dependability may need to be rated higher but know it’s very important.

I shoot out of my window with my Leshiy Classic & actually prefer having the longer barrel installed when doing so. Feel like I can get more comfortable, not lean forward as far while still feeling like the muzzle is safely outside of the house.

I have casement windows that I only crank open slightly. With a double hung window it might not matter as much.

I first thought of the AGT guns when reading your requirements for quiet & high shot count.

If you can maybe wait for some real world info on the Vixen before making your decision. You'll give up barrel length at an given overall length but might be around two pounds lighter.

I'm on my phone but will try to post some links and specs later.

Your personal airgun history sounds like you're describing me except that I haven't taken a 10 year break away from PCPs like you have. I've owned Daystate Huntsman Regals. They are nice looking but the shot count is limited to around 36 unless you tune it down due to the small air tube. I'm talking about the XL model not the even smaller tubed Regal. I found the gun to be kind of burpy sounding at my ear. Lots of mechanical noise going on that I didn't have with other Daystates I owned like the Wolverine or AirWolf. I also don't like the Daystate Airstream moderators that usually are glued on the shroud and is impossible to remove without replacing the end cap.

Of all the PCP's I've owned I found the most trouble free, quiet, accurate, comfortable to shoot, short for indoor use, best trigger, affordable, is the Taipan Mutant. I don't own a Taipan Veteran which is newer and just as good. This thing is Goldilocks. You don't have to mess with it. You can adjust the hammer spring tension up or down and that's it. You can even convert it to lefty or righty if you need to move the side lever.

Reactions: klentz