• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need Advice on a Crossman Challenger Field Target build

I'm wanting to modify a Crossman Challenger to shoot Hunter Class Field Target. I had it shooting 11.5 FPE and was averaging in the 40's on a 60 shot course set up around a 38 troyer. I think I need a little flatter trajectory to be more competitive and improve my score. I've already got it to 17FPE using 8.44grn pellets with a 2300 psi fill by doing basic T/P and hammer spring mods. This is only giving me 12 good shots which is fine, I carry a guppy tank through the course at all matches and top off after every 12th shot. The problem is there isn't a bell curve to the shot string, it's a constant drop after the second shot. The string starts at 958fps and at 12th it's at 931fps at 1700fps and a SD of 8.6. The current set up is t/p opened up guessing at 0.090, hammer spring is 0.047 wire same length as factory which is 0.035 wire. I'd really appreciate it if someone already has theirs tuned to a similar tune to share what they did to theirs. I think the ultimate tune would be at 19-19.5fpe with a 10.3 grn. pellet.
My second concern is the bolt. By increasing chamber pressure(for lack of a better word) to achieve 19-19.5fpe, am I going to have a problem with the bolt flying open during the shot?
Thank You in advance for your time and or Advice......