• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need advice Hw98 or hw97 for hunter field target or Diana 54

I have an older lefty TX200,it is finer than the HW97,the 97 is easier to load. I also have a leftyCS800 stock for it.
My HW95 is great,I think because it is a .20.
You're not going to improve on what you have, as a guru told me; Practice, then practice more.
Since that truth can hurt, get the 98 in .20 :unsure:
Yeah just found out the lefty prosport is not happening. AA said they are discontinuing the lefty prosport. I think I'll stick with HWs from now on.

Well I hope the 177 is good. I will probably put different spring in it to get under 12fpe
I have it in both .177 and .22 with Vortek springs. Just a little puff. Such an easy and comfortable smooth gun. Super accurate. Worth the wait.
An older member, I think “Fisher” he talked about his .25 cal. I’ve been looking for one since. Rare here. Crow

Reactions: drsquall
Well I hope the 177 is good. I will probably put different spring in it to get under 12fpe
I haven't seen one in 177 that didn't have excellent accuracy. You can go down to 12fpe if you want to. If it's not legally required I'd try shooting it at FAC levels first. You might be quite happy with the accuracy. Reducing power doesn't guarantee increased accuracy. My 20 cal 98 is running full power and shoots pretty nicely and improving by the day at 16fpe. My 177 95 which is the same power plant with a lighter stock and barrel is possibly my best shooter running at 14.5 fpe. Which is very close to full power. My 177 Hw97 ties and occasionally best my 95 runs really well at ~14 fpe. The reduction in power might shrink your practice groups but will make hold over calls more critical. I'm not a competitive shooter, I'm just sharing some personal observations and thoughts.

Best of luck in FT.
Ron

I haven't seen one in 177 that didn't have excellent accuracy. You can go down to 12fpe if you want to. If it's not legally required I'd try shooting it at FAC levels first. You might be quite happy with the accuracy. Reducing power doesn't guarantee increased accuracy. My 20 cal 98 is running full power and shoots pretty nicely and improving by the day at 16fpe. My 177 95 which is the same power plant with a lighter stock and barrel is possibly my best shooter running at 14.5 fpe. Which is very close to full power. My 177 Hw97 ties and occasionally best my 95 runs really well at ~14 fpe. The reduction in power might shrink your practice groups but will make hold over calls more critical. I'm not a competitive shooter, I'm just sharing some personal observations and thoughts.

Best of luck in FT.
Ron
I will shoot it factory just to see. But if it can't shoot 5 shots under 1/2" at 25yds off sticks and bucket then it will get tweaked. I shoot off bench occasionally to verify drops. I honestly prefer 1/2" at 50.

Jon

Reactions: .20calguy
I will shoot it factory just to see. But if it can't shoot 5 shots under 1/2" at 25yds off sticks and bucket then it will get tweaked. I shoot off bench occasionally to verify drops. I honestly prefer 1/2" at 50.

Jon
Shoul have no problem doing 1/2" at 25. 1/2" at 50 is a tall order for a springer but it should be doable when the stars align.

My biggest problem with shooting it factory is the buzz. It will likely diminish a bit in time but doesn't go away. It doesn't actually affect accuracy but it annoys me enough to upset my shooting. The Weihrauchs springs typically don't last long so you'll be putting a tune kit in it within a season. Then you can decide on what power level you want. With a well done tune, 14 fpe can be real sweet in that platform.

Shoul have no problem doing 1/2" at 25. 1/2" at 50 is a tall order for a springer but it should be doable when the stars align.

My biggest problem with shooting it factory is the buzz. It will likely diminish a bit in time but doesn't go away. It doesn't actually affect accuracy but it annoys me enough to upset my shooting. The Weihrauchs springs typically don't last long so you'll be putting a tune kit in it within a season. Then you can decide on what power level you want. With a well done tune, 14 fpe can be real sweet in that platform.
Yeah this will be my first HW. Always shot the txs