• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need a nice high-end compressor.....Help

No I was originally going to get an Airtex since they are only a couple of hours from my house. When I tried to contact them I got a lady on the phone who said they had closed and moved out of the building. She gave me a home phone that I tried many times but no one ever answered. I ended up buying an Alkin W31 upright and have been happy with it so far but really can’t rate it yet since I have only had it a short time.

Thank you for the replies.....things to think about....

So is the Coltri not made in Italy? That's where I thought it was made. Also, the Coltri would come in close to $1000.00 less and would that not do the job fine? I have a great white 100ft tank and would just be topping it off from say 3200psi to 4500psi. 

I like gas incase I lose power. I can also take it on trips if need be. The tank drops PSI too quick just to bring the trip on lets say a 3 day trip or a long shooting session at a friends house. That is my thought on gas anyway.

Coltri is Italian made and they started with the first MCH-6 model in 1956 and have refined it ever since.

So it's a true and tested model with very few kinks.

The MCH-6 is a 4 stage compressor and very reliable.

Get the 330bar~4850psi model and start to fill for friends that shoot, they will love true fills over 300bar~4350psi, and help you pay for filters and some of the compressor itself.

Pick the one that will give you service after the sale. Also all of them are too heavy to want to transport all the time. That’s why I think an electric model and extra tanks is a better choice. That’s why I chose an Alkin 220v model and bought 3 SCBA tanks that were new but out of date on eBay real cheap and have never even come close to running out of air on a hunting trip. Also gas models can be a lot more troublesome and have to be run outside to be safe from carbon monoxide build up.