Need a New air compressor 4500psi

Yamaha,
Yong Heng complete set-up, under $500, does everything asked of it for three years now. Your budget allows for consideration of higher-end compressors, of which I can't offer help, suggest search of archives, "air compressors," to read up on what's available. WM

IMG_20220322_203924.jpg

Reactions: Llama
Yamaha,
Yong Heng complete set-up, under $500, does everything asked of it for three years now. Your budget allows for consideration of higher-end compressors, of which I can't offer help, suggest search of archives, "air compressors," to read up on what's available. WM

View attachment 382294
What exactly is the orangish colored filter called ?

What exactly is the orangish colored filter called ?
Trucker,
Water coalescing filter, has no media, not supposed to open, so "filter" isn't ideal name. EBay, under "Water Coalescing filter," or "PCP Compressor filters," costs around $125. Many sellers offer diagrams of internal workings so a visit to eBay will help. Basically, takes in air at top, directs thru channels so heavier water and oil molecules stay at bottom, to be vented, while clean, dry air exits back at top. Had bad moisture problem with my initial set-up until installation, bone-dry since. WM

Reactions: Trucker3573
Budget around 1000-1500$

Tuxing TXEDO32 is a more advanced model of the AV4500 which has now rebranded itself to be called a Krypton. Tuxing makes them for Air Venturi so the TXED032's quality is pretty much on par with the AV product but with more advanced features and at a much better price.

Reactions: HogKiller
Tuxing TXEDO32 is a more advanced model of the AV4500 which has now rebranded itself to be called a Krypton. Tuxing makes them for Air Venturi so the TXED032's quality is pretty much on par with the AV product but with more advanced features and at a much better price.

Shortly after posting this my AV4500 that had been operating reliably for 3 and 1/2 years took a dump. Crank case cracked I'm sure it threw the piston. Anyway I packed it up sent it back to air Venturi to have it repaired. It will be my backup as I ordered the new version Tuxing TX ED032 which arrived and was much nicer than I expected. It was really well packed. It hadn't been abused by FedEx, which is a bit of a surprise. And it took about 10 minutes set up. I then gave it a 20 minute unloaded break in fun and then immediately filled a 30 minute tank with it which took about 10 minutes to go from 2000 to 4500 PSI. I'm really impressed with the new version of these compressors. Should anything untoward happen to change my mind, I'll update this.

Has anyone used the portable models that run on "drill" batteries. Saw Dana promo 1. Wondering how many field fills you would get. Life expectancy?
The single battery version is rated around 2 fills, depending on pressure. The double around 4 fills.

I'm still not sure about number of fills from battery for CS4, need to figure out a bug before it works. Might work on this later today.

Except for an electronic controller issue with my Tuxing 032 from the git-to, mine has been fine, coming up on 10 hours, mostly filling my 90ci tank, 3,000 to 4,500. Lots of reviews here on them and the issues but fairly solid for the money.

120v. or 240 v, this is the 120v..https://www.amazon.com/TUXING-4500PSI-Compressor-Pressure-TXEDT032/dp/B08K7HDGWL?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Last edited:
Reactions: JoePolanco