• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need a new .22

how old are the boys ? the break barrels are heavier and require more skill - but i was 14 (when my number was 817-297-9988 and we called harold taft to report weather - and he'd mention it with the same broadcast)....(matter of fact , this desk i'm using right now was his granddaughter's).....but when i was 14 , i got a diana 36 and i was big enough for that ...... $300 ? the newer discos arent as good as they were.... if it were me , i would try to get a deal on two hw 95 rifles new somewhere.....or two diana 34's... even if they decide not to stick with it , those good german airguns are like harley davidsons and will hold their resale value . ...especially the weihrauchs... also, after mastering a spring / piston break barrel , one should be able to shoot any other king of gun...

...idk , but seems pcp might the only solution....especially now that you exposed them to air force.... you could do benjamin wildfires.....or check with mrodair ( http://mrodair.com/mrodair_airmax_varmint_pcp  ) ..... i think they are chinese barrels , but i'm dying to try these....and even more so, the co2 rifle for $109.... youre gonna need silencers (tko stage 5 is what i use on crosman / benji - $50 each) but try the $219 benjamin maximus euro hunter package from crosman.com....cool scope , and 26" barrel.......it's almost mandatory that you have silencer in brittian , so these 26" barrels were made for discos to make it easier for a muzzle device to be attached.....the american version is 24" barrel...

HATSAN FLASH not to heavy under 6 lbs $300... I still have my first air rifle a CROSMAN pump master 760 over 35 years old ..or a CROSMAN discovery and pump using the 25% off coupon above $ 430 minus 25% and free shipping fridays ,,comes to $323, the hatsan is nice but you would need a pump,good luck ,,if you ever come across a few more bucks BSA ULTRA JR built for JRS nice set up good luck

I would recommend a Benjamin Maximus Hunter since it requires only 2000psi max fill pressure which is fine with a pump and very light weight and easy to shoulder and a joy to shoot all day long. I would advise come caution in buying other PCPs which require higher fill pressure as compared to 2000psi regardless of the price, once you pump over 2000psi on up to 3000psi or higher it gets to be a real chore to pump and not fun at all and you probably won't want to shoot it as much!

CA