Need a light weight Marauder pistol hammer

Anyone know where I can get a light weight hammer for a Marauder pistol?

Can you tell us what your criteria is?

I don't ... quit making self tuner parts years ago.

Sorry

Scott, can you share what might be a good weight to consider and a tip for good search terms leading to more data.

When i was making them it was for REGULATED 1701 & 1720's both being .177 caliber. In these applications you could get away a 100% MDS nylon hammer using the OEM threaded striker core. Did need to change hammer spring size and rate to get it hitting poppet hard enough. Also found that a custom poppet helped greatly. That being a poppet head of PEEK or Delrin at a reduced head diameter as well. BOTH contributed to a valve that opened easier with the lighter hammer in use.

*Regulator pressure needed to stay below @ 1600 and IIRC ideally closer to @ 1200-1300 to work really well. Any higher valve simply won't open enough with the lighter weight.

Did a couple P-rods in .22 and while it works and can make for a very quiet and air efficient pistol ... Power was pretty low and not what most folks wanted in a .22 pistol.

Scott S

Dennis,

Check out Hill Airguns. Tim Hill has lightweight hammers for regular Marauders, not sure if he has them for the pistols. Also, you might want to check out Mavericks Custom Airguns, he specializes in Crosman pistol mods.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com

Tom, 

I checked with Tim and he has one that will only drop the weight 10 grams. He did provide some useful information on other mods. I did check out Mavericks website, but nothing for Marauders. Thanks!

Sorry

Scott, can you share what might be a good weight to consider and a tip for good search terms leading to more data.

When i was making them it was for REGULATED 1701 & 1720's both being .177 caliber. In these applications you could get away a 100% MDS nylon hammer using the OEM threaded striker core. Did need to change hammer spring size and rate to get it hitting poppet hard enough. Also found that a custom poppet helped greatly. That being a poppet head of PEEK or Delrin at a reduced head diameter as well. BOTH contributed to a valve that opened easier with the lighter hammer in use.

*Regulator pressure needed to stay below @ 1600 and IIRC ideally closer to @ 1200-1300 to work really well. Any higher valve simply won't open enough with the lighter weight.

Did a couple P-rods in .22 and while it works and can make for a very quiet and air efficient pistol ... Power was pretty low and not what most folks wanted in a .22 pistol.

Scott S

Scott,

Thanks for the information. I’m looking to make a quiet and efficient pistol. Not really worried about the power level as long as I can get decent groups at 20 yards.

Sorry

Scott S

Scott,

Thanks for the information. I’m looking to make a quiet and efficient pistol. Not really worried about the power level as long as I can get decent groups at 20 yards.

Light hammer in these pistols is IMO ... still only a thing to do if installing a regulator as well.