Need a Gun for Iguana Pests

Looking for purchase advice.
This is strictly about nuisance iguanas in my yard. And it’s not many, at that.
It’s a small yard in a neighborhood development.
Distance to targets is probably 15-20 feet.
What I really want is a pistol that can shoot pointed pellets, and is strong enough to do the job.
I think a rifle might be overkill for my situation, but I’m open to ideas.
I also don’t want to spend too much, as I’m not making a career out of it. I’d like to keep it under $200.

Is this a fantasy, or is it possible? :rolleyes:

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
At this range a good springer rifle will do just fine , , under $200 maybe ? I don't know anything about under $200 air guns , but a lot of people on here do . the thing is you want them dead on the spot , not in your neighbors yard a head (brain) shot is best for that . Gamo with a scope ? maybe someone here will help with that . Get ready for the "$2k you got to have this" replies
Stan in KY .

If it’s a pistol and you want PCP the PP700SA is great, mates well with a hand pump.
Pointed pellets aren’t needed, stick with a good dome pellet. My PP700SA loved Air Arms and FX 16 grain dome pellets.

Email Wes and he will set it up for USA market. You will have to adjust the hammer spring up if you want more power.

If it’s a pistol and you want PCP the PP700SA is great, mates well with a hand pump.
Pointed pellets aren’t needed, stick with a good dome pellet. My PP700SA loved Air Arms and FX 16 grain dome pellets.

Email Wes and he will set it up for USA market. You will have to adjust the hammer spring up if you want more power.
OH ? i didn't think they were that little money and very hand pump friendly Too . how loud will this be ? He said small back yard .?

Reactions: Bandito
Looking for purchase advice.
This is strictly about nuisance iguanas in my yard. And it’s not many, at that.
It’s a small yard in a neighborhood development.
Distance to targets is probably 15-20 feet.
What I really want is a pistol that can shoot pointed pellets, and is strong enough to do the job.
I think a rifle might be overkill for my situation, but I’m open to ideas.
I also don’t want to spend too much, as I’m not making a career out of it. I’d like to keep it under $200.

Is this a fantasy, or is it possible? :rolleyes:
If you change your mind and go the rifle route for under $200 I would suggest a diana stormrider. It weighs in about 5lb unscoped, and you can find them discounted for close to $150, you can get a pcp pump off of ebay anywhere between $40 and $75 that'll do the job just fine.

I'm not familiar with the pp700 but they do seem to perform pretty good based on the reviews I have seen.

OH ? i didn't think they were that little money and very hand pump friendly Too . how loud will this be ? He said small back yard .?
I read the fine print, it ends up being 235 usd. There is a preorder deposit of 145

As it comes with the Canadian lower power tune, they aren’t that loud.

good luck in the pcp world, a cheap springer maybe.......
I’m still wearing in a Stoeger S3000-C. Too soon to recommend it, but it seems promising. I have an affordable scope on the way to pair with it. I bought it to test for the exact reason this post was created. I have friends ask me what to get. I need to dedicate the little time I have to hash it out.

Look into this one

Screenshot_20240428_220932_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240428_220944_Chrome.jpg

For that distance at that pest in a residential area, I wouldn't go over .177 and would want quiet.
If it has to be a pistol, I might pick a Hatsan Mod 25 in .177 for that job. 7-8 ft# and pretty quiet, and with a little practice will be accurate enough at that distance. Get the spring version if you can over the gas piston.

For that distance at that pest in a residential area, I wouldn't go over .177 and would want quiet.
If it has to be a pistol, I might pick a Hatsan Mod 25 in .177 for that job. 7-8 ft# and pretty quiet, and with a little practice will be accurate enough at that distance. Get the spring version if you can over the gas piston.
7-8 fpe is enough for baby iguanas, not enough for 3ft or larger unless you do a quartering shot into the eye so it smashes the brain.