Need a Different Scope

I have an Aztec Emerald on my Impact. I have to get rid of it as I just can't see the reticle all that well. It's a fine scope. No complaints other than I cant see the lines clearly. I have a Hawke sidewinder and its reticle has mil DOTS not hair thin mil lines. It's fine. I am pretty sure age has something to do with the inability to see the reticle clearly.

I want to get a different scope but at least the same quality as the Aztec. Yeah! I could get a Hawke like the one on the other rifle and may do that but I am just wondering if I am missing something that's out there that I should look at before I buy. Thanks for any input.

A stoopit question; Did you focus the reticule? My neighbor had that very issue, unhappy with his new scope. Brought it over and when I looked through it, the crosshair was very faint. Used the focus and it came in much brighter and thicker. It only needed some adjustment and it was good to go.

Not saying that you didn't do this, just suggesting in case it was missed like my neighbor.

mike