• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nearly guns.

I think it is like buying a car . Something just say's YES or just as much NO. 

Not anything you can label and i also think it has to do with internet buying . Unfortunately most of us have only the internet to buy Air guns or supplies .

WE study and pour over the descriptions and some even draw charts and that dreaded moment you have to press the Buy IT Now .

Actually i think we pour over stats more than when buying a car

Ha...funny...what the beerthief said..!

People worry about things that they don't even know about, or even knew existed, until they read it here. One saying that's older than I am (71)..."Monkey see Monkey do", exists in just about every sport and hobby that exists. Yeah, including air guns.

And funny, I'm given a hard time...for NOT....following the crowd !! Ha, sorry, WAY too many myths and wives tales around here. The barrel thing is the latest. I'd bet that many here that HAVE to have the stiffest barrel around couldn't hit a gallon bucket at twenty paces...without a table, bags, quad pods...AND their triple layered barrel.

Sorry, I'll get off my rant, for the "best" equipped gun EVER.

To clear things up about my third paragraph above...I do need to thank the many posts and posters that "I" have learned through their info. Luckily, I have a reasonably good capacity for detecting B.S. (myths and wives tales).

Mike

well, for one, I'd have already bought the hatsan blitz 22 caliber, but I found two things I don't like.. I hear around a 10 lb trigger pull.. have to start lifting weights with the trigger finger so I don't pull it off shot and make it look bad.. and then it's cycle rate, with only a 20 round magazine I'm sure there are some people, but I don't know if I could actually get on and off and get just a 3 round burst.. probably do a magazine dump before I get off the second shot..haha but 1000 rpm seems way too fast.. it's just too bad that the trigger pull isn't adjustable along with the cycling rate.. I'd rather see it down in the 700 range.

Mark

second one I've almost pulled the trigger on is the ataman ap16 compact.. I'd really like a small PCP pistol, even if it was only good for 6 shots before refill.. but the ataman ap16 compact is not really compact..12" of gun in a holster is a lot.. not to mention the Diana bandit 22.. yes I am looking to stay with 22 so I only need one kind of ammo, but then I still almost bought the ataman ap16 compact refurbished but they actually talked me out of it.. yes it was a bit less, but I want a fill probe and manual and magazine and they couldn't tell me if it's got all the pieces.. so I thought about it and well get the new one, but it's over$1000 and with the war going on it would be my luck I'd accidentally break something and have a expensive paperweight to upset me every time I saw it..

so to all of you PCP air gunners, if there's any compact PCP pistols that I don't know about.. something small like 6-8" so it can easily be carried in the woods.. please let me know what it is and I'll probably pull the trigger..

Mark