One of the things I like about air gunning is that it is another reason to get me outdoors and enjoy nature while shooting. I was shooting jars at my little range where I often shoot and just after blasting the last piece of jar left, I noticed a little critter camping out in plain view. I also managed to spot a Scarlet Tanager but it was gone before I could get a photo.

Can you see him here?
Tree_frog_1.jpg

How about now?
Tree_frog_2.jpg

Getting closer
Tree_frog_3.jpg

He was totally unperturbed with my shooting
Tree_frog_4.jpg

Is that frog mud covered or n its original skin? Wonder when hunting camo will be able to match what nature has to offer. 3 times in my life I almost stepped on a snake and only realized it was there when it moved to protect itself from my foot coming down on it. One time I spent 5 minutes looking for a shot bird on clear ground only to be embarrassed when my dog finally picked it up from between my feet.

"outdoorman"We've had hummers here for a couple weeks now and I can't refill the feeder with juice fast enough! And they don't mind sitting on your finger while sucking it down.
Hummer1.jpg
Love those hummers! We've got three 8 oz. feeders up and usually have to fill them once a day. They've gotten used to us to the point of buzzing our heads if we're not fast enough hanging a feeder.