NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Travel Tripod Kit

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about this tripod and it is cheaper now. $13.52

Just thought I would post to let you know.

amazon.png

Last edited:
Reactions: scottg0814
"Currently Unavailable" according to Amazon. Glad I got mine at $16!
Yeah, I tried to get one when it was ~$16, but it was out of stock "Currently Unavailable", so I set my Camelcamelcamel.com account to watch for a stupid low price and I have 2 on order. Still waiting for them to ship... so who knows?

Was it your thread that pointed out this deal to start with? I couldn't find it. (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

This is one of those "stupid cheap" deals that it pays to use CamelCamelCamel.com to track. No, CCC doesn't always let you know in time to get these "stupid cheap" deals, but at least it gives you a heads up!

A few years ago I bought 24 P17 pistols at $7.50 each and CCC helped me to do it. I could only order 4 at a time, but I was not limited to ordering 4 at a time for about a week. Gave most of them away as gifts and even sent 6 of them to GTA for an event, but was banned from GTA and never even got a thank you or how do you do from them. I am talking to YOU Avator!

Oh well... live and learn... (smile)

Still have about 6 (I think) and use them for finishing shots when necessary, but usually use the Fortitude for that now as it is MUCH quieter!

All my best!

Kerry

This is one of those "stupid cheap" deals that it pays to use CamelCamelCamel.com to track. No, CCC doesn't always let you know in time to get these "stupid cheap" deals, but at least it gives you a heads up!

A few years ago I bought 24 P17 pistols at $7.50 each and CCC helped me to do it. I could only order 4 at a time, but I was not limited to ordering 4 at a time for about a week. Gave most of them away as gifts and even sent 6 of them to GTA for an event, but was banned from GTA and never even got a thank you or how do you do from them. I am talking to YOU Avator!

Oh well... live and learn... (smile)

Still have about 6 (I think) and use them for finishing shots when necessary, but usually use the Fortitude for that now as it is MUCH quieter!

All my best!

Kerry
It was member "Neu" who alerted us to the $16 deal. SO glad I got one, should've gotten 2!
20231224_103056.jpg

Reactions: BackStop
I got a Fanahue GS-01 saddle clamp off Ebay, $45. I just went there to provide a link for you but it's no longer listed. Maybe on Amazon? I'm VERY happy with the clamp and tripod. WAY more stable than I'd expected.
I ordered this one on a whim. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9B3ZSXL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I have no idea how it will behave compared to the BOG DG I am already using.

Will try to let you know when it arrives if I am still feeling this good... (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: BackStop
Well I bought one during Black Friday. It’s ok, but with my shaky hands it’s not as stable as my Bog. But it will do great for my range finder. As long as I don’t touch it…🤣😂
Totally understand the shaky hands! (smile) I don't do much off-hand shooting these days, but have made some off-hand shots that I am proud of simply because I know how hard it is for me to hold the airgun steady without some sort of rest, tripod or improvised!

I finally received 2 of these today and I have to agree that they are not as stable as the BOG that the Akela lives on.

However, for $13.52 +tax, it seems that it will work well for my Fortitude when the chipmunk season starts. Not a bad tripod for under $15. I took a few shots using it with the Fortitude today and tonight and it worked fine, but I was also able to do just as well with my improvised step ladder rest over the last several years...not to mention using my garbage cans, etc, etc... so...(chuckle)

Still getting used to it and the only thing I don't like about it, on first impression without having used it much, is the ball head. I guess I simply have gotten used to the head of the BOG and the ball head is new to me and harder to keep the vertical crosshair... well... vertical. (grin)

All in all, especially for the price, I am happy. The rifle clamp I bought is OK, but I didn't check to see if it would actually fit my Fortitude. So, I had to add some dense foam padding from the low profile window fans I use just to make it clamp the gun tight enough. Seems to work well, so no problems.

All my best!

Kerry