• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

National 50 Slug/Rimfire Division

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
We are going to split the Slug/Rimfire class into 2 divisions. Sportsman and Pro.

Sportsman will be restricted to factory mass produced Rimfire and air guns and ammo. The sportsman division will also be scored with the .350” plug. Utilizing the .350” plug also opens the division up to 25 and 30 cal slug guns. So, any caliber from .177 through .30 with max power of 100 fpe for slugs. 22lr ammo for Rimfire.

The Pro division will be Unlimited Rimfire and Unlimited slug guns. 22lr ammo and .177-22 caliber slugs. The Pro division will be scored with the .224 plug.

This should make way for even more guys to compete on a more level footing.

Please let us know what you think of these changes.

Mike 

Mike - need some help on terminology and definitions: 

Can you briefly describe in simple terms, the major differences between Sportsman and Pro classes? I’m not getting it. 

Factory RF - please define what this means. I have a highly customized Anschutz .22LR BR only gun. I also shoot an Anschutz 64 MPR. Is this ok for factory? Are these considered “factory” guns. 

Unlimited - what does that mean? What is the scope / definition for what constitutes “unlimited?”

Bear in mind, I’m new to all of this and the terminology can quickly become confusing to me.

As an example: I am a regular casual BR shooter using two accurate Anschutz .22 LRs and a RAW HM1000x .22 HP and a Red Wolf Safari .22 HP rifles for NAT 50.

Which class makes sense for me? 

thanks 

Tom 

Sportsman is for mass produced factory rifles and Ammo. If you are using a factory rifle you must use the factory barrel and no barrel tuner.

Pro is basically going to be anything that doesn’t fit in sportsman. If you are casting or swaging your own slugs...you are not going to be legal in sportsman.

Your Anschutz rifles are mass produced factory rifles.

Your air rifles are also mass produced factory rifles.

Mike 

Sportsman is for mass produced factory rifles and Ammo. If you are using a factory rifle you must use the factory barrel and no barrel tuner.

Pro is basically going to be anything that doesn’t fit in sportsman. If you are casting or swaging your own slugs...you are not going to be legal in sportsman.

Your Anschutz rifles are mass produced factory rifles.

Your air rifles are also mass produced factory rifles.

Mike

Got it. So, my guns are Sportsman’s class. Thanks. 

Hmmmmm, so my Custom .25 Kalibrgun Cricket Mini would put me in "Pro Class"???? Unlimited?

The factory only produces the mini in .22 cal, but Derrick converted it to .25 cal with a barrel and action from another Cricket.

Just wondering how the rules affect that? I guess you could say it's a Cricket pup in a rifle stock?

131284578_3893422254002725_5456520712417465578_n.1619633404.jpg

Thanks Mike, it's my precious now!!!!!! LOL

gungollum.1619635696.jpg

Ha! That's but one of a few that I have had, but....

This one is my Cricket Mini. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me and my Mini, ground squirrels run free to damage the Rancher's property. Without my mini, I am useless in the fight against the GS. I must fire my mini true...

FD6BED7B-A0C9-439C-A526-E5B917BD92B7.1619637466.jpeg

We are going to split the Slug/Rimfire class into 2 divisions. Sportsman and Pro.

Sportsman will be restricted to factory mass produced Rimfire and air guns and ammo. The sportsman division will also be scored with the .350” plug. Utilizing the .350” plug also opens the division up to 25 and 30 cal slug guns. So, any caliber from .177 through .30 with max power of 100 fpe for slugs. 22lr ammo for Rimfire.

The Pro division will be Unlimited Rimfire and Unlimited slug guns. 22lr ammo and .177-22 caliber slugs. The Pro division will be scored with the .224 plug.

This should make way for even more guys to compete on a more level footing.

Please let us know what you think of these changes.

Mike 

So this post is only for slug/rimfire I see, But I have an early USFT I modified to shoot the new Extreme FT game. It shoots only .22 JSB standard pellets. Is there a class for it, and what size plug?

Jimmy, Mike - Those Crickets look nice!

Mike N - Q. Would it make sense to ask Michael to create a sub-section category under Bench Rest category for posting NAT50 targets? It would be nice to have one common place for members to submit “practice” and “match” cards so everyone can enjoy the threads. 

I know Mike (CC) did this last year for the 100 yard virtual BR competitions.