• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

NAPA Kool “Cooling System Treatment”

Hello everyone,

This is a follow up on the NAPA Kool “Cooling System Treatment” product. A little over one year ago I added 1/2-Pint of this product to the cooling water in the 5-gallon water tank on my Yong Heng Air Compressor roll around filling station. About 6 months later I added an additional 2-ounces to the water. In this one year time period I did add some pure water to the tank to maintain a “max” water level which is about 1-inch below the brass fittings that pump the water into the compressor and the return line to the tank.

This morning I completely drained the water tank and noticed several positive things:
1) Over the year the water has not evaporated as much
2) No algae growth or scale of any kind
3) The water has remained clean and the Treatment Color “red” has not changed
4) Inside the tank still very clean
5) The water pump clean inside and out
6) Inside the brass fittings are still bright and clean
7) I have to assume that inside the Compressor is just as clean
8) The high temperature silicone tube shows no reaction at all

Bottom line, I am really pleased with this product to help keep the Compressor cool and free of any scale within the water system.

Hope this information will help in some way.

ThomasT

Compressor Stand-1.5gallon.jpg

Thomas, that helps with ones peace of mind for compressors! Glad it has worked as planned!
Hello @Ranchibi

Yep, you never are sure about something new until you have had success with it. I'm going to let my tank completely dry out for at least two days before refilling it with water and the NAPA stuff. I let the oil drain for several hours on the compressor. Then with the plug still out I poured just a little fresh oil in and let it run through to confirm all of the old oil had run out. Now the compressor is ready to go :p .

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

Yep, you never are sure about something new until you have had success with it. I'm going to let my tank completely dry out for at least two days before refilling it with water and the NAPA stuff. I let the oil drain for several hours on the compressor. Then with the plug still out I poured just a little fresh oil in and let it run through to confirm all of the old oil had run out. Now the compressor is ready to go :p .

ThomasT
Genius! Thomas, you think everything thru! Luv that way of doing things! I wish I did it...MORE OFTEN....🤗

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

This is a follow up on the NAPA Kool “Cooling System Treatment” product. A little over one year ago I added 1/2-Pint of this product to the cooling water in the 5-gallon water tank on my Yong Heng Air Compressor roll around filling station. About 6 months later I added an additional 2-ounces to the water. In this one year time period I did add some pure water to the tank to maintain a “max” water level which is about 1-inch below the brass fittings that pump the water into the compressor and the return line to the tank.

This morning I completely drained the water tank and noticed several positive things:
1) Over the year the water has not evaporated as much
2) No algae growth or scale of any kind
3) The water has remained clean and the Treatment Color “red” has not changed
4) Inside the tank still very clean
5) The water pump clean inside and out
6) Inside the brass fittings are still bright and clean
7) I have to assume that inside the Compressor is just as clean
8) The high temperature silicone tube shows no reaction at all

Bottom line, I am really pleased with this product to help keep the Compressor cool and free of any scale within the water system.

Hope this information will help in some way.

ThomasT

View attachment 393295
What an efficient setup!

• Love
Thomas,

I agree, you have a neat setup. Where did the 5 gallon container come from? I've debated doing something different from my semi sealed drywall bucket but haven't pulled the plug let. I call it semi sealed because I put a power line and water fittings through the lid of the bucket so I can put it back on to keep the coolant clean. The Target Forge guy used a 2 gallon container on his with a big car heater radiator. I saw a you tube of a guy using no tank, just a small computer radiator like I use with a fill pipe for water. I'm not sure what the right solution is. More water inventory just extends the time to when it gets hot. With a good radiator that can handle the heat load the inventory may not be important (I don't think a computer radiator is big enough, however but in winter my temperator stabilizes below 60 C on tank fills).

I use "Water Wetter" which seems like a similar product. I need to change it out, probably, in February when I change the YH oil.

Jim

• Love
Thomas,

I agree, you have a neat setup. Where did the 5 gallon container come from? I've debated doing something different from my semi sealed drywall bucket but haven't pulled the plug let. I call it semi sealed because I put a power line and water fittings through the lid of the bucket so I can put it back on to keep the coolant clean. The Target Forge guy used a 2 gallon container on his with a big car heater radiator. I saw a you tube of a guy using no tank, just a small computer radiator like I use with a fill pipe for water. I'm not sure what the right solution is. More water inventory just extends the time to when it gets hot. With a good radiator that can handle the heat load the inventory may not be important (I don't think a computer radiator is big enough, however but in winter my temperator stabilizes below 60 C on tank fills).

I use "Water Wetter" which seems like a similar product. I need to change it out, probably, in February when I change the YH oil.

Jim
Hello @JimD

I built the 5-gallon out of marine grade aluminum. All of that in the center, floor & tank is two pieces bent to shape and then welded together.

I believe the life of the unit is to keep it as cool as possible and the 5-gallons of water along with the treatment keeps the compressor really cool.

ThomasT

Wow! Welding aluminum is not a skill I have. Nicer setup than I thought.
Hello again @JimD

Here is a photo showing the tank construction. One side and the bottom is one piece bent in an "L" shape. Both ends and one side is one piece bent in a "C" shape. This minimizes the number of seams to weld. This could also be made out of steel but would require a good paint job.

ThomasT
Compressor Stand 1017.jpg