Name your best off the shelf PCP

If I qualify best to mean:
1. Needed nothing done to it out of the box to make it better (like Marauder, gen 1 Gauntlet, etc....some would even say more expensive guns like Impact)
2. High quality construction
3. Accurate
4. Efficient with air

I would say the best rifle I own in that regard (or have ever owned) is my AA S510XS FAC .22. Second place is a tie between my BSA Scorpion SE .177 and Daystate Huntsman Regal .22 (unregged). The Regal would get the bump for pretty, since my BSA is in a good quality but unattractive synthetic stock.

Will have to cheat a little, as I did do minor things to both these, but neither needed trigger fiddling, or regulator adjusting, "tuning" or extensive barrel massaging. Of airguns I've owned these two have been my most close to pure "out of the box" high level performers.

Taipan Veteran Short-reduced the hammer tension when received but otherwise shot it as it came out of the box for probably 3 years. Has since been rebarreled to a .20, as has been documented elsewhere here on AGN. Didn't "need" the rebarrel, I just wanted a .20 Vet and I love it even more as a .20.

Mac1 USFT-JB bore pasted the barrel about the same time i figured out the barrel prefers a specific lube so not sure the JB was necessary. Also added a moderator adaptor. Other than that JB treatment and the mod adapter, still shooting it as it came. It's been six years and I haven't been inside it yet.

Neither of these will ever be sold. They both shoot at that "special" level that ain't often stumbled across. Exceptional experience with both of them.

Reactions: UCChris
I know there are tons of mods like the Pitbull and all of that but I have done nothing to my Benjamin bulldog besides add a scope and a strap to carry it. Very accurate and shoots every time, plenty of power for what I use it for. Right out of the box without any of the special tunings, it will kill a deer or hog as long as you know how to aim and hit.

Reactions: PA_AirHead