Name your best off the shelf PCP

For a Hunting Rifle....40 fpe+
Straight out of the Box... Mount a Scope into the supplied rings....
The Theoben Rapid MKII
No Reg, But with consistency that would rival some reg guns.....
Just an All Around hunting Machine...
dr-bob1.jpg

Reactions: jakeb
Air Arms Stealth carbine .22 S510 with the integral Q-Tec moderator.

I put it in a bullpup stock. But I haven't needed to 'fix' or improve anything related to the gun itself. Regulator works well. Trigger is great. Action is smooth. Very accurate out to 75 yards.

Unlike my FX Crown. Sent the first one back. Should sent the second back too. Dumped a lot of wasted money into it. Not worth a single penny I've spent on it!

In the modern PCP market place there are very few rifles that you can purchase of the shelf without the need to spend a fortune accessorising them to bring them up to speed.Models that spring to mind are the Evol Paradigm, Edgun Lelya/R5M and Taipan Veterans. If you own one of these all you have to do is buy a scope, scope rings and ammunition and you good to go. Compare this to the FX brand, I own two and have gone down the rabbit hole of accessorising and getting the latest and greatest new thing to help you shoot better.I understand the application dictates what you add on i.e bench rest or hunting but I still feel more manufacturers are focussing on the aftermarket purchases at the expense of the actual rifle itself.

Please share your thoughts and let me know what your best off the shelf PCP is.

In the modern PCP market place there are very few rifles that you can purchase of the shelf without the need to spend a fortune accessorising them to bring them up to speed.Models that spring to mind are the Evol Paradigm, Edgun Lelya/R5M and Taipan Veterans. If you own one of these all you have to do is buy a scope, scope rings and ammunition and you good to go. Compare this to the FX brand, I own two and have gone down the rabbit hole of accessorising and getting the latest and greatest new thing to help you shoot better.I understand the application dictates what you add on i.e bench rest or hunting but I still feel more manufacturers are focussing on the aftermarket purchases at the expense of the actual rifle itself.

I was going to add my FX Crown Continuum to the list along my Paradigm, Daystate Air Wolf, Mk4 and Hunstman Regal, Air Arms S510 Carbine FAC and BSA R10, Scorpion and Defiant. Can't forget my Zbroia Hortitsia and AirMaks Caiman X.

Don't know what "accessorizing" you have had to do with your FX, but I just added scope and rings to my Crown along with pellets and it has been an extremely accurate and consistent joy to shoot, just like the rest of my "ready out of the box" shooters.

Kalibr Cricket II Tactical... it's the only PCP gun I have, but I bought it from GA Airguns, and it'll put every shot on a nickel at 40 yards, with several pellets and FX slugs-- day in and out. Actually, it will put 10 FX slugs on a dime, day in and day out, at 43 yards.

I'm completely satisfied... and for what it cost, I ought to be. Cost more than a big game rifle!

Reactions: L.Leon

I have owned just about every brand and 40 years later my stable is down to Daystate, Raw, Air Arms and BSA.

I just learned that there is a "category" of PCP rifles with which the others are in absolute disadvantage.

The accuracy achievable with a Red Wolf and it's electronics is much more difficult to achieve with a mechanical rifle.

The smoothness of the electronic trigger and electronic release of air allow to stay in the target much easier than with a mechanical rifle, at the pull of the trigger and at the shot.

If you try to compare them that comparison is not of apples with apples.