Name what you consider an underrated pellet -

I think JSBs are over rated. I have one gun that refuses to shoot pellets made by other manufacturers well and 4 that don't particularly care for JSBs. The 4 that don't love JSBs love H&Ns. 3 like Baracuda Match, one likes Field Target Trophy. My Prod shoots Crosman domed and HP OK but shoots copper plated Field Target Trophys much better. I'm not suggesting JSB makes bad pellets, just that most of my guns prefer H&Ns and in my opinion they are made at least as well.

I haven't found an H&N pellet or slug that gun I own or have owned liked. JSB's have always shined and is the only pellet that I have found that will shoot a perfect 200/200 X20 at 10m.

Nuff said.

20230409_172542 (1).jpg

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I recently tried a wadcutter pellet in my .177 FWB 800 FT 20J rifle and i was shocked how well they shot. ( even at 40 yards they were dead nuts )

I have never shot that type of pellet, i will be trying these in some of my other .177 guns now.

RWS Supermag 9.3gr
I agree, the Supermags are far and away my favorite wadcutter. I've never had one shoot so well in so many different barrels, and what's even more remarkable is how they do at speeds that ordinarily cause a wadcutter to go squirrely...
RWS Supermag 30yds.jpg

Never tried benchrest shooting at 10 yards. The height of the scope on my bullpups would be a bit of a challenge at that distance. I would need to aim about two mil dots high. But at 30 yards my 177's best is a 193 and my 22s best is a 195 (done it twice now). Both were shooting H&N Baracuda Match pellets. Just my opinion but I think it's harder to shoot a 195 at 30 yards than a 200 at 10 yards.

It doesn't hurt my ego if others like JSBs, however. Probably helps keep the price down a bit on the H&Ns most of my guns prefer.

Reactions: EdinGa
CROSMAN PREMIER for punching paper out to 40yd very consistently but are too hard for hunting....In my opinion. And, the H&N Baracuda Match in .177 or .22 are super accurate. To complement the accuracy of the .22 cal they are a little heavier than most and hit Squirrels with authority. If JSB ceased to exist these two would certainly have a place in my bag.

in my .22 benji 312, the hades do very well stacking @ 25 yards with 5 pumps..
who would'a thought the hades would do perfect in a 63year old pumper (y)

View attachment 347333
That's a nice looking thing mate 👍🏻

The .22 Hades are also getting good reports over here - the .177 version not so much.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I agree, the Supermags are far and away my favorite wadcutter. I've never had one shoot so well in so many different barrels, and what's even more remarkable is how they do at speeds that ordinarily cause a wadcutter to go squirrely...
View attachment 347159
They handle speed better than any other wadcutter I've ever tried. I wish RWS would scale them up to 0.22
Never tried benchrest shooting at 10 yards. The height of the scope on my bullpups would be a bit of a challenge at that distance. I would need to aim about two mil dots high. But at 30 yards my 177's best is a 193 and my 22s best is a 195 (done it twice now). Both were shooting H&N Baracuda Match pellets. Just my opinion but I think it's harder to shoot a 195 at 30 yards than a 200 at 10 yards.

It doesn't hurt my ego if others like JSBs, however. Probably helps keep the price down a bit on the H&Ns most of my guns prefer.
They handle speed better than any other wadcutter I've ever tried. I wish RWS would scale them up to .22. I think that would make an awesome pesting pellet.

Reactions: Rudolph Hucker
Falcon Accuracy Plus pellets basically a rebadged, lightweight JSB but, they're cheaper and, they seem to arrive in better condition.

They fly fast and flat for those us living with a choked power restriction. They're also pretty good for hunting - being a thinner soft pellet, they deform and tumble well on impact.

I've found them to work best in a PCP - they can make the shot cycle feel a bit slammy on some springers.