• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Name what you consider an underrated pellet -

My choice is the Crosman 14.3 field hunting pellet. Although I've never hunted a field, have hunted in a field.
But seriously, these pellets really shoot well in all of my .22 caliber ag's.
I was testing some H&N Barracuda 18 grainers. They were doing pretty well out to around 35 yards, so moved on to my 45 yard target, shotgon pattern, some didn't even hit the shoot n see target. Switched over to the Crosman points, first shot nailed the red center dot that's not much bigger than the pellet. But I never see them mentioned here, it's always JSB this or that. Don't get me wrong, I shoot JSB & the AA version in my .177 ag's, but I can't find an expensive pellet that shoots any better in my .22 bottle builds. Not bitchin', in fact, I consider it a fortunate situation.

So, my AGN brethren, what are your thoughts on an underrated pellet?

Vines

I feel the JSB RS .22 series 13-14gr are unhrealded for lower power airguns like my Prod.
I agree, the 13.34gr .22 JSB RS are really good. Cleaned a 48shot field target course with them once.

Another one is the JSB .20 Heavy @ 15.89 as a viable long range option. Ballistic coefficient of around 0.045-0.048. There's only a couple pellets with better BCs, and none of them are substantially better. But we hear very little about the .20 Heavy. VERY underrated.

For $6.xx a tin for 500 the Crosman Premier HP .22 are great. I go through 1-3 tins a week and the JSB equivalent would be expensive.

I don’t wash them but I do dump them out on a paper towel to get all the junk separated. I also add a few drops of lube.

8D02BB7B-21C8-4A6C-B0EF-A14796A85FDE.jpeg

272B75FA-C8F2-47FB-A482-941594D8C308.jpeg

My choice is the Crosman 14.3 field hunting pellet. Although I've never hunted a field, have hunted in a field.
But seriously, these pellets really shoot well in all of my .22 caliber ag's.
I was testing some H&N Barracuda 18 grainers. They were doing pretty well out to around 35 yards, so moved on to my 45 yard target, shotgon pattern, some didn't even hit the shoot n see target. Switched over to the Crosman points, first shot nailed the red center dot that's not much bigger than the pellet. But I never see them mentioned here, it's always JSB this or that. Don't get me wrong, I shoot JSB & the AA version in my .177 ag's, but I can't find an expensive pellet that shoots any better in my .22 bottle builds. Not bitchin', in fact, I consider it a fortunate situation.

So, my AGN brethren, what are your thoughts on an underrated pellet?

Vines
Agree. My HW110 ST loves them. Not only that but they are clean with no burs, deformations or skirt damage.

Reactions: SteveV
For $6.xx a tin for 500 the Crosman Premier HP .22 are great. I go through 1-3 tins a week and the JSB equivalent would be expensive.

I don’t wash them but I do dump them out on a paper towel to get all the junk separated. I also add a few drops of lube.

View attachment 345359

View attachment 345360
Agree. My HW110 ST loves them. Not only that but they are clean with no burs, deformations or skirt damage.

You know my saying is " i dont mind a pellet picky gun as long as it picks cphp" 😉

I agree, the 13.34gr .22 JSB RS are really good. Cleaned a 48shot field target course with them once.

Another one is the JSB .20 Heavy @ 15.89 as a viable long range option. Ballistic coefficient of around 0.045-0.048. There's only a couple pellets with better BCs, and none of them are substantially better. But we hear very little about the .20 Heavy. VERY underrated.
I wish one of the companies would build a high power .20 pellet/slug shooter.....would fill a nice niche.

Reactions: FarmPlinker