• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Name what you consider an underrated pellet -

They handle speed better than any other wadcutter I've ever tried. I wish RWS would scale them up to 0.22

They handle speed better than any other wadcutter I've ever tried. I wish RWS would scale them up to .22. I think that would make an awesome pesting pellet.
Some of the lads over here swear by loading a basic diabolo pellet backwards for a short range pest shot - usually while shooting rats.

I've never tried it but, I may give it a go at some targets 🤷‍♂️

There two H&N Exite, plinking an Econ exelle. I have both in quantity.

The plinking are not worthy of air any gun.

The Econ shoot nearly as well as meisters do in all of my 177. They are a super value for me. One of few that I will buy 10 or more tins at a time.

The other contender for me and my guns is H&N Sport wad cutters 13.73gr.
They too hang with the Meister 14 and are a good value at half the price. They look perfectly uniform and fit my detuned HW95 breech exactly the same. Not too loose, not too tight, just nice and snug. The Meister vary a lot in fit, but shoot perfectly.
However, the Sports always produce a wild flyer every so often. Meisters just don’t have any that I remember. Maybe.

The camp gun for turkey hunting will be by stock Prod with a stick stock and Hawke red dot. It gets the dot because I am a Walther barrel snob and feel this gun is not worthy of even my hated Bugbuster.
It will have a sling and be on me at all times as chipmunk over watch.

It shoots Meister 14 wadcutters @650
I have found this to be the best pellet for this barrel. But it will live on H&N Sports the rest of its life.

Here’s the scientific data

I shot one mag each this morning as a test for which pellet is gong on the trip. The dot covers 90% of the white bull. I Aimed at the bull regardless of poi.

Apolo 17gr, H&N Sport
13.73, Meister 14, Daisy HP 16gr,
And because I constantly bash CPHP, a mag of washed and lubed 14.3.
I would never allow that unwashed filth in any of my guns.

All priced the same except the Meisters are double.

I took the dot off my 1701 and slapped it on the Prod. I have not zeroed it yet. 1/2 low here in the indoor 10m will put me 20ish to start on the trip.

You get what you pay for, that is very consistent.
The value of the price is up to you.

4D566121-88C4-4256-A81B-F0463CA012CB.jpeg