• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

N50 scoring question

This comes up a lot. You get as many as it takes to finally miss the target box line.

The rule is there because it simplifies the rules dramatically and allows the shooter to make a good decision about what to do through the scope. Without the rule…if you land in between the boxes you have to be able to assign the shot to a specific box. It becomes complicated to come up with a rule to do that fairly. This is simple.

Lots of guys seem to worry that someone could hit the line 5 times, then finally get an x. That could happen, but it’s highly unlikely that someone who is hitting the box so often will be in the running for anything.

Hope that makes sense. N50 was designed to be easier on newcomers but still allow the experienced shooters to be very competitive.

Mike 

This comes up a lot. You get as many as it takes to finally miss the target box line.

The rule is there because it simplifies the rules dramatically and allows the shooter to make a good decision about what to do through the scope. Without the rule…if you land in between the boxes you have to be able to assign the shot to a specific box. It becomes complicated to come up with a rule to do that fairly. This is simple.

Lots of guys seem to worry that someone could hit the line 5 times, then finally get an x. That could happen, but it’s highly unlikely that someone who is hitting the box so often will be in the running for anything.

Hope that makes sense. N50 was designed to be easier on newcomers but still allow the experienced shooters to be very competitive.

Mike
If there is a target box line hit does the match director/scoring team have to be notified immediately in order to approve it, or can the next shot be made without notification?

The hole does not have to touch the target box line but if it plugs to the line then you get another free shot. It’s up to the shooter to determine if they think it’s close enough to the line to plug to the line, looking through their scope. If the shooter makes a bad call and it doesn’t plug to the line and the shooter takes a second shot then the hole close to the line becomes a valid score for record, minus 1 point.

“If there are multiple shots in any box, the score for that box is the lowest minus 1. ”

I guess this is repeating what Dana posted above.

I was looking over the rules and have a question about "Target Box Line Hit". "The target may be reshot if the miss touches a box line". The next page shows sample target # 9 with three shots on the line, therefore they don't count as "Hits" and you keep shooting until you get a scoring "Hit". How many shots do you get at a target box? Just confused!

RB
You wouldn't believe the targets that I have scored from 1-6 line lickers. That one bull with 6 was finally shot for a 10, something I will never forget, can still see it in my minds eye. Crazy stuff some times.