• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
I found my miss placed plugs, but no instructions as to how to use them for scoring cards. Is there a link to a video showing how to do this? Thanks for any help. I’m looking forward to seeing what my cards actually score. This is definitely fun…and completely unforgiving! Your bad shots stand out and glare at you lol.
0E391243-E86D-4DF4-B40E-7DA353640C33.1637150202.jpeg

Hi Dave,

The larger diameter plugs (.350”) are for pellet or sportsman class scoring . There are 4 of them. In order of shank size…they are for 177, 22, 25, and 30 caliber. Pick the appropriate plug for the caliber you are shooting and insert it into the hole. Read the score by the outside edge of the large diameter of the plug. That’s it.

Mike 

Hey guys I must have missed it in reading the scoring rules but what does an “X” score in points? Is a 250 as high a score as possible, and then whoever gets the most X’s is the winner? And there’s unlimited sighters correct?

What is the highest score you’ve ever shot in the sportsman class? And finally are there any links to videos of matches? I’ve definitely been bit by the N50 bug! So much fun. Now I need to set up better flags, I only have one right at the target.

Dave….matches are won by the score and the x count becomes the tie breaker if necessary. 

You can look here at the results page and see how people across the country are doing. There is also a tab on the main page to view the results from the nationals.

http://national50.org/results/

I did a quick glance and it looks like a 250 17x was the highest I saw in sportsman.

Mike 

A N50 club membership can be obtained with 100 targets and a 6 plug set for 50$. There is a flat shipping cost of 25$. Up to 3 packs of targets will fit into the flat rate box.

To hold your own matches you must abide by the N50 rules and there must be a minimum of 2 shooters in attendance. The match must be publicly posted on AGN or Benchrest Central at least one week in advance so others can attend if they would like. It’s pretty simple to get your own club going….you just need a place to shoot.

If you are not interested in starting a club….you can make your own unofficial plugs pretty easy by selecting a drill bit whose shank fits nicely into the caliber hole you wish to plug and wrap some blue tape around the shank 1/2” from the bottom til you reach the OD of .350”. It will be close enough for practice.

Mike

Reactions: Bramezy
Now I need to set up better flags, I only have one right at the target.

Hi Dave, looks like we missed this one. There are plenty of posts here regarding flags and wind reading.

I can offer with only one flag it's best placed nearest you, about 5-10 yards from the bench. A small vector change near the muzzle is large displacement at the target; a small vector change near the target is small at the target. More flags the better. 

Very short flag vid

download.png