• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N50 pellet cards at 50 and 100

Well…when someone says it was calm, that often does not mean the same thing to everyone. Without flags you will have a hard time feeling 2mph or less. A 2mph cross wind will push you nearly 1/2”. Calm to 2 mph is one of my least favorite conditions to shoot pellets because it’s easy to get on the wrong side of the bull even if you are really watching your flags. Flags don’t respond all that fast in light conditions so you can get behind things easily. Flags are way to see what happened a second ago. They take time to react.

Your big ups and downs are likely just your equipment or possibly the way you are holding the gun or how you have your rest setup.

A simple test is to just point at the center of the bull on a day that has crosswind and just take 25 shots. If your group measures more than 1/2” outside to outside in the vertical plane….you will have a tremendously difficult time keeping up with someone whose gun stays inside that 1/2” band.

Nobody has the ability to predict the unpredictable. They people that win at N50 are good shooters with good equipment. They will not win with mediocre equipment unless everyone else has mediocre equipment too. This is clearly a touchy subject for some.

Mike

Todays 30 YC @ 50. Light wind. M3 top, V3 bottom..

9C610F0D-3B64-43A7-B750-20808CAAED1C.jpeg

D149FA1A-F558-42DA-B816-15E2D051607D.jpeg

At 50 yards, ThomasAir, i just dont see how you do it, ive shot and shot and shot. Top card is vulcan 3 on redesigns, bottom is m3 on 18’s. calm perfect conditions..

View attachment 336251
Which pocket do you carry your wallet and car keys in? Before you shoot your next card try switching pockets. YMMV though.

• Haha
Reactions: Loufish
Ricochet. I'm sorry, I re-read my response and it now sounds mean to me. I deleted it. But you snagged it in your response. I guess I'm a dick now.

https://www.national50.net/n50-records I know.. It's not enough data for 'no-doubt' but it is a trend. It's a good comparison because all were shot at the same time, same conditions. I don't know of another pellet gun organization that tracks pellet shoots and equipment for 50 yards. If there is - then I would look there as well for comparisons. Oh, and there is the extremely good pellet thing too. They are hard to find.

Look here too. https://www.national50.net/archive Note also the last 2 years US N50 Agg-Line end of year results (scroll down to find 2021). It's between Mike's rifles and super massaged FXs. I'm not sure a 'stock' rifle can do as good as the examples Mike posts.

All is well as long as you dont dribble. Im just here tryin to learn. One of my biggest problems with my set up, is that im shooting down a 6’ privacy fence. It messes the wind up. Fence runs east/west, and the wind blows north\south. Today i had a light variable south wind. Flag in front of the target 10” off the ground was blowing due south, and the flag 4’ high mid range was fluttering due north. Moving from right to left, my aimpoint was usually at the left side of the outer ring, i would use my previous shot to indicate the aimpoint for my next shot, and i fired at about 4-6 second intervals… Ill keep practicing, and learning..

Reactions: Joef