• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N50 Pellet and sportsman class questions

Pellet class: in this category I have no doubts, I have always obtained the best results with JSB RDs of 25.39g.
Sportsman class: here I have many doubts, I have an Impact MK2 .22 with pp, 600mm barrel, Huma slug kit, I can reach 75 joules.
What slug should I use?
there are .216, .217, .218 and many weights and brands. I see that the speed they use in slugs goes from 900 to 1000fps

And the main question at 50y with commercial slugs can I have better results than with the redesigned JSB?

Jorge

The redesigned JSBs give me better results than any slug I've tried, and I've tried just about all of them. I shoot them at about 888 fps. They seem to be just as accurate going faster or slower. I chose 888 because my gun seems to sound happiest and effiecient at about that velocity. A general rule of thumb I have noticed is that the heavier the projectile your gun will shoot well, the better.