• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

N50 at 100 “In The Rings” Slug Challenge

Today was first time ever trying to shoot my Thomas slug gun at 100 yards. I decided to use the standard N50 target. It took awhile to sight in then learn the holds from my normal 50 yards shooting, but than was ready to shoot a target. I don't know how you score this target to convert to RMAC targets, but was pretty happy with the result. The slugs were the same one's I make to shoot N50.
View attachment 448926
Wow this is pretty good.
Congrats 😁

Reactions: piffy and Loufish
It has been a while since I have posted N50 'in the rings' 100 yard targets. Today was windy and I brought the Anschutz 1907 .22LR to the range. I did forget my 'tuner' and that's unfortunate because I have the tuner really dialed in for this 100y challenge.

Rifle:Anschutz 1907, 54 action single load .22LR
Ammo: Lapua Long Range 40g
RWS 100 40g
Scope: Sightron fixed 45x EV
Distance - 100 yards
Flags- 15y and 75y
Wind: 2-7 mph, head wind mostly and tail wind too

I could not catch either Mike or Dana with their 'fancy pellet guns.'

Only had 'two' 500 scored bulls and about '10' misses including two Zero point box lines. Shot (4) cards and best I could muster was 2175. Those 50 point ring line hits kill ya!

IMG_1072.jpeg

IMG_1076.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1077.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

Nice shooting Tom. Can you see the 22 holes clearly with the 45x scope? I’ve got a 36x and can’t see the holes. I recently bought a 45X but haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

Hi Tim, thanks. Shooting was so-so for that rifle, esp. without the tuner. I need to play around with light vs. firm shoulder hold a bit.

Yes, I can clearly see the holes at 100 yards. I will say that the sight picture is a little darker than I expected, but maybe the sun shade caused that. However, the magnification is fine for me at 100y.

Reactions: igolfat8
Tim - let me know if your Sightron 45x seems a bit darker at either 50 or 100y. Also, the clicks on using the elevation or windage knobs are not real crisp. I really like Sightron scopes, just curious what you or others reading this thread, think about those two minor points. Perhaps the fixed higher magnification scopes are darker for some reason?

Just as a point of reference, the Athlon Midas Tac 6-24X50 FFP scope I use for shorter 30/40 y target challenges is very crisp when I use either the elevation and windage knobs. The clicks are very precise and audible. Much brighter also.

Reactions: igolfat8