N+1, what’s your number?

I like to believe I’ve learned a lesson from a safe full of unused powder burners. And am looking “not” to duplicate the same with airguns. Truth is I can only use one gun at a time. To that end my air gunning trinity:

Pathfinder XR: Plinking/pesting
Atomic XR #1: Daytime pesting with some plinking
Atomic XR #2: Nighttime pesting

These three cover what I do with airguns in a variety of situations. Feel very fortunate to have the trio to cycle through.

Right there with you. About a year ago I had seven airguns. I’m not a collector, and of course there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think it’s neat that some people have a collection where they get joy out grabbing different guns for whatever reason they want.

I, after spending a bunch of money and selling practically new rifles at a significant loss, narrowed my collection to 3 PCP’s and 1 TX200 .22 springer.
A .177 FT rifle that’s just a work of art, A.30 Paradigm and a .22 Evol. I can hunt or plink or target shoot with any of them.
Once I narrowed it to that I think I’m at nirvana. What I have, I shoot.

Last edited:
Sometimes some of us have an itch to scratch. There's just a natural curiosity when it comes to quality airguns comparable to ones we may already own. Many of us have dream guns. Some of those change as newer iterations are release or when totally new guns and/or concepts hit the market. Then there is a component of discipline to resist purchasing (or lack thereof). All-in-all after shooting and getting to know the guns that I purchase, it's really about whittling down my purchases so that each need and desire I have has been met. At least from a practical standpoint. I don't feel that I'm quite there, but I feel close enough. Accoutrements are an entirely different story. To you question in the title, I won't say what the number is.

I'm still in the bunch of money and selling practically new rifles at a significant loss. :sick: Must admit, still fun trying out different brands! For the springers of todays production models, my top choice is the HW97K, with the TX200 or HC runner up. PCP's, I'm in a world of hurt and wants AN! I need a cure for my insanity in search of full satisfaction.

I'm still in the bunch of money and selling practically new rifles at a significant loss. :sick: Must admit, still fun trying out different brands! For the springers of todays production models, my top choice is the HW97K, with the TX200 or HC runner up. PCP's, I'm in a world of hurt and wants AN! I need a cure for my insanity in search of full satisfaction.
what you selling for a big loss? could be you have a gun that fits most all my wants and needs without checking the box on my list of guns that are so expensive that I probably won't ever get to even see in person..

so I have 4 but I think I could easily take it down to 3.. american tactical liberty nova 22, hatsan blitz 22, Gamo varmint shotgun 22 smooth bore.. the last one is just for rattlesnake around the house.. and a umarex notos pistol that I am in the process of shortening it.. factory pistol 22" long and I can't shoot freehand, just rested on the air tube.. it's going to be moderated and 16" long..
I love the side lever action but I'd prefer the mustang lobo and it's not available in the USA for apparently any amount..
I got the hatsan blitz on sale for a very good price for two reasons, I wanted to try semi auto and well it's fun occasionally to switch to full auto and see a 50 yard group in less than 3 inches.. I'm not fond of winding magazine so full auto is very rarely used..
so I watched a video either yesterday or this morning on the western rattler and I was like I'm going to sell the American tactical and blitz and it would replace both.. good trigger like the American tactical, the blitz has to be at least 10 lbs.. but then I saw the price, I think it was $2500 so I'll be extremely lucky if I even got a chance to see someone else shoot it in person.. so it on a like list but way out of budget.. seems like it has a action like the huben k1.. and regulated.. which brings me to another gun that I really want but it's not going to happen because it is out of reach price too.. huben gk1 pistol..
now I think I'd have everything in the western rattler for a rifle but price might as well be a million.. I think the other gun would be the huben gk1 pistol.. so one pistol and one rifle..
for the full satisfaction list.. below and id probably only look for ammo.
if they made the mustang lobo with a exposed working hammer it would be the perfect rifle just like a Winchester and if someone made a PCP single six, well those two would be enough for me as I prefer cowboy guns
Mark

Reactions: L.Leon
Fortunate to still be dancing on this limited time stage and actively endeavoring in the pursuit of HAPPINESS.
Everything is relative considering that a not so long ago a ten dollar bill birthday gift from ole Grandma is now worth about $1.20
While those butt ugly eye sore "nobody would ever buy that piece of real estate" are now worth somewhat more in today's frog skins.
“I made enough money to buy Miami but I pissed it away so fast,” ~Jimmy Buffett

I'm an accumulator of airguns. Right now, I have two vintage pumpers and three PCP guns. All .177 caliber. Every so often, I want something different and that's when I have the urge to buy. I find all of the new innovations interesting, but what I have right now has me well covered for the shooting I do. There's no telling when or what my next airgun will be other than to say there will be a next one.

I like to believe I’ve learned a lesson from a safe full of unused powder burners. And am looking “not” to duplicate the same with airguns. Truth is I can only use one gun at a time. To that end my air gunning trinity:

These three cover what I do with airguns in a variety of situations. Feel very fortunate to have the trio to cycle through.
I also have a safe full of PB's, most haven't been used in a long time. Some of them have sentimental value, some are the type that could be banned some day. I would probably sell some but selling is such a hassle I haven't done it yet.

On to airguns, I have 5 pistols and 13 rifles, pumpers, SSP and springers, all accumulated in the last 7 years. I have three problems here, first is I really haven't had time to shoot them all enough to decide which ones I want to hold on to, second is I am unsure where I will end up in retirement which is hopefully 2 years out (this will help dictate what is best to keep), third is the same as above with PB's, selling and shipping them is such a hassle. So for now I hold on to them all and hopefully I will get this figured out and pair things down to a few of each type that I will be able to use until I am not able to.

There is always a fourth problem, maybe I just like them all :ROFLMAO: and don't want to sell them, but I know I can't leave this for my wife to sort out when I'm gone.

Yes, it certainly appears that I have a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: SHOMER and L.Leon
I usually enjoy a variety of guns, but that doesn’t seem to translate to air guns for some reason. With PBs, I like to have different calibers, actions and barrel lengths. I have 3 nice airguns that represent some nice variety (aa prosport .177, L2 250mm .22, aaa Evol .22) but my preference is squarely on the evol. I’m conflicted to sell the other 2, but I think the time is coming.

I also have a safe full of PB's, most haven't been used in a long time. Some of them have sentimental value, some are the type that could be banned some day. I would probably sell some but selling is such a hassle I haven't done it yet.

On to airguns, I have 5 pistols and 13 rifles, pumpers, SSP and springers, all accumulated in the last 7 years. I have three problems here, first is I really haven't had time to shoot them all enough to decide which ones I want to hold on to, second is I am unsure where I will end up in retirement which is hopefully 2 years out (this will help dictate what is best to keep), third is the same as above with PB's, selling and shipping them is such a hassle. So for now I hold on to them all and hopefully I will get this figured out and pair things down to a few of each type that I will be able to use until I am not able to.

There is always a fourth problem, maybe I just like them all :ROFLMAO: and don't want to sell them, but I know I can't leave this for my wife to sort out when I'm gone.

Yes, it certainly appears that I have a problem.
Yep, I also thinned out my PB’s when ammo went stupid during covid lockdown. I saved what I need and will use for hunting. I know exactly what you mean with the selling hassle. Being I never can be sure of a purchase I NEVER get rid of the packaging of how an airgun arrived because there’s a very strong chance that one day I wake up and there’s something airgun satan said I can no longer live without. 15 airguns in about 3 years time proves it. So having all the original boxes/case and overbox is mandatory in my case. I have been tasked a couple times helping the widow of a friend that passed away with selling and liquidating stuff that accumulated over many years.

I think most of us could pick a “top three” but for me it would be difficult. I shoot all of my air rifles - and if they don’t shoot “lights out,” and “exceptional” groups I eventually sell them to someone looking for a “very good” rifle that isn’t quite as anal as I am.

I now have 21 or 22 in my collection, three amazing Weihrauch underlever springers and the balance in pcps including .177, .22, and .25 calibers.

With the addition of the Uragan II I posted about last week. I actually think I am done purchasing for a while unless something really special comes along that trips my trigger.

Everyone of the rifles in my collection is superbly accurate, equipped appropriately, and in perfect condition at this time, so much so that I would get bored shooting any of them very long. They each have their own personalities
, thus the fun in rotating through them to where they each get shot at least every couple of weeks.

My current open task is conclusion of slug testing with the .25 FX King 699 mm but with the deep freeze weather forecasted this weekend this task isn’t likely to be completed for several weeks.

For me it is how many springers,then how many PCPs, how many pistols, and how many scopes.
That is nothing, being a fisherman I have spinning reels, back by casting reels, each has it's own rod and for different types of fishing.
You have 3 PCPs that cover your needs,you are a stronger man than me.(y)

I noticed a trend here that I would find hard to do.. selling a airgun.. powder burner you can take to a dealer and likely loose quite a bit because he has to make a living too.. plus either way at least here it has to go through his shop anyway.. but it is a in person deal.. you traded the gun for cash.. now I don't know how or where you could do in person deal with airguns unless it was a friend.. and it's difficult at least for me to use the classified here because who wants to send you a check and wait for it to clear, then ship the gun without seeing that it works on the other side who wants to ship a gun without getting paid and wondering if you just spent money to give it away.. I know that a lot of people use PayPal or apps.. but for those of us who are older and don't use electronic banking it makes it hard..
so I very carefully try to decide what I want and then think about it for awhile.. yes I probably made a few mistakes some likely being that a gun was on sale and I barely had enough to pay for it but I wasn't sure.. so I did what I was raised like.. if you are not sure then just don't..
now for those of you who can afford $1000+ guns remember and realize how fortunate you are.. and be very thankful
for me I am thankful for what I have, and I am very thankful to have a warm dry place to live and good food..
I don't know but this time of year makes me feel especially sad to see homeless people out in the cold and possibly not sure if they get dinner.. and yet not knowing what their situation is, it's hard because I don't want to give money I need to pay bills and they go buy drugs.. too much of that in my state and it's only gotten worse..
so really it's about self control and being thankful for everything ..
Mark

I don't know what N is? Is that an Algebra thing?
On buying, selling, trading in the classifieds? I do that and have never been burned. (Knocks on Wood)
I've even sent items BEFORE I was paid and got the money.
There was a time that one's Word ment something. And I do have an agreement with someone now that goes on Our Word.
I trust him. He trusts me.

I don't know what N is? Is that an Algebra thing?
On buying, selling, trading in the classifieds? I do that and have never been burned. (Knocks on Wood)
I've even sent items BEFORE I was paid and got the money.
There was a time that one's Word ment something. And I do have an agreement with someone now that goes on Our Word.
I trust him. He trusts me.
Your current (N) number+1 … 🙀

• Haha
Reactions: markhooper