EDgun Mysterious Leshiy 2 Externally Adjustable Regulator

So found a 2mm diamond ball bit for a dremel and loaded it up in a chuck and ran it across a fine cut file to remove any large chunk or anything thatd cause deep scratching and then very very lightly lapped the seal by hand and then some 5k grit compound and put 200 bar in and I cannot hear anything leaking now so its time to start testing.

Even if it does have minor creep I'll be ok with it and im sure it will improve over time but this is a big improvement already and leaving it under pressure for 20 hours didnt really seem to cut it.

Thanks again for the tip @bigHUN

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackTitanium
So found a 2mm diamond ball bit for a dremel and loaded it up in a chuck and ran it across a fine cut file to remove any large chunk or anything thatd cause deep scratching and then very very lightly lapped the seal by hand and then some 5k grit compound and put 200 bar in and I cannot hear anything leaking now so its time to start testing.

Even if it does have minor creep I'll be ok with it and im sure it will improve over time but this is a big improvement already and leaving it under pressure for 20 hours didnt really seem to cut it.

Thanks again for the tip @bigHUN

Cool! I hope it will fix the creeping problem
Can you explain that in another way? I want to try that - but dont get the proces reading it or putting it in to google translate.
What part did you dremel? What does "lapped the seal" mean?

...Can you explain that in another way? I want to try that...What part did you dremel? What does "lapped the seal" mean?
I found a 2mm pin and made a ballnose on tip. Functioned exactly what you did with dremel diamond 2mm ball but I "lapped=polished" the diamond compound into the 2mm pocket (black delrin piece) by hand only turning the pin between fingers.
Now the 2mm ball fits the pocket perfect, you will see you have eliminated the creep for a good.
Also, the other method was - remove the Reg core (pin and washers), screw back all together and pressure the tank. Because there is a pressure on one side only it will push the 2mm ball into the hole/pocket, leaving it like that overnight the ceramic ball will push=nest itself into that "seal".

Reactions: msg1979
I found a 2mm pin and made a ballnose on tip. Functioned exactly what you did with dremel diamond 2mm ball but I "lapped=polished" the diamond compound into the 2mm pocket (black delrin piece) by hand only turning the pin between fingers.
Now the 2mm ball fits the pocket perfect, you will see you have eliminated the creep for a good.

Also, the other method was - remove the Reg core (pin and washers), screw back all together and pressure the tank. Because there is a pressure on one side only it will push the 2mm ball into the hole/pocket, leaving it like that overnight the ceramic ball will push=nest itself into that "seal".
Ok thx.
That makes sense.
Method 1: So the pin is used like a "holder" for the ball? How long is the pin? and what about the small spring where does it go?

Method 2: That makes sense if I remove the plenum and keep pressurerising the reservoir - my creep is 1-5 bar every second. I´ve changed o-rings, ball and plastic washer (the one with ball inside) x 2.

Last edited:
I've was so hype about my new leshy 2 for a month until it arrived. Only had it for 3 days. Why do I feel like I just wasted so much money on this gun? It was even more headach then my $400 airgun. Why is my $400 airgun regulator holding and my leshiys regulator not? While I'll was testing on the chrono, one time it just spit out air sounding like a fully auto after I pull the trigger. For some reason the first day i shot it with jsb 18g, it was 1100 fps, today I shot it and it was 1400 fps.

I've was so hype about my new leshy 2 for a month until it arrived. Only had it for 3 days. Why do I feel like I just wasted so much money on this gun? It was even more headach then my $400 airgun. Why is my $400 airgun regulator holding and my leshiys regulator not? While I'll was testing on the chrono, one time it just spit out air sounding like a fully auto after I pull the trigger. For some reason the first day i shot it with jsb 18g, it was 1100 fps, today I shot it and it was 1400 fps.
Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your new L2.
Except for the few that come here to report problems, most people in other forums are having great experiences with their Leishy 2.
The L2 is very service friendly, and there is a library of how to videos on YouTube.
Any issues that anyone may have, with the L2, can be resolved.

Where did you buy your L2 from and have you reached out to the seller about your issues?

1100fps seems like an extremely hot setup!
Was it like that out of the box?
Did you turn up the regulator pressure?

I feel like the new reg can take an adapter to fit the gauge, if you look on the Spain website they have an adaptor for the original non adjustable reg ( the first one ). This adapter on the website also states that it can be used with the "Apex" reg. Are we under the assumption that this new reg is being named the apex reg? The brass side looks to me like it has internal threads that would fit this adapter, as it states it's also for the mk1 reg, this adapter would be fitted to the bleed hole on the reservoir. I might be wrong and happy to be told so.

Mystery solved!
But there are questions that need to be answered!
Video from February 2023

Video transcript:
"And so the representatives we will now test the new gearbox, and I will send it to you. They will be mounted rifles with certain numbers. I'll notify you about this from you, the task is to run through the tests as much as possible, shoot to the maximum yourself and you will give me your summary. We have about 100 pieces, that is, enough for everyone, so write to me by email. Who is how much who really How much can he test? So, look, our gearbox is modular.

In order to, well, in general, we need it exactly in this form, and it’s very easy to assemble, that is, here you have the embroidery for the pin. Here they are, the pin is inserted here, that is, we leave it like this. Naturally, we silicone everything first. It is inserted until it clicks, then take the pin. We insert it there. It worked and that's it. He's ready. You will have this. Let’s put this key, to adjust the gearbox you need a hexagon here. That is, you insert it like this and completely calmly adjust the gearbox, just like I did the previous one.

We'll put it all together quickly now, and it's ready to send it to you. So I'm waiting for you. Now I’ll tell you by email how much you need."

Last edited:
Mystery solved!
But there are questions that need to be answered!
Video from February 2023

"And so the representatives we will now test the new gearbox, and I will send it to you. They will be mounted rifles with certain numbers. I'll notify you about this from you, the task is to run through the tests as much as possible, shoot to the maximum yourself and you will give me your summary. We have about 100 pieces, that is, enough for everyone, so write to me by email. Who is how much who really How much can he test? So, look, our gearbox is modular.

In order to, well, in general, we need it exactly in this form, and it’s very easy to assemble, that is, here you have the embroidery for the pin. Here they are, the pin is inserted here, that is, we leave it like this. Naturally, we silicone everything first. It is inserted until it clicks, then take the pin. We insert it there. It worked and that's it. He's ready. You will have this. Let’s put this key, to adjust the gearbox you need a hexagon here. That is, you insert it like this and completely calmly adjust the gearbox, just like I did the previous one.

We'll put it all together quickly now, and it's ready to send it to you. So I'm waiting for you. Now I’ll tell you by email how much you need."
A year in the making then, does seem strange how it was just put out there without any info on it for new buyers of a leshiy 2. I received my butt section last week and seeing this new reg puzzled me, spoke to Matias at Spain and he said the apex adaptor is to be used with it to fit the gauge. I am presuming you can alter the reg pressure on the opposite side to the brass ( original) adjuster , as with this new apex reg- the gauge adaptor screws into the brass section.

Reactions: BlackTitanium
I’m having an issue with my new L2 as well with the regulator creeping I have no visible air leaks. The only thing that makes sense is the 2 mm ball is not seating properly. I want to do the process where you use the diamond bit to cut the groove for the ball to seat properly. I just don’t quite understand how to do it, once I take this regulator apart, will I have to have a chronograph to put it all back together and set it or can I just leave it set the way it comes out of the gun. My main concern is just getting this gun to stop leaking air over a two day period..

A year in the making then, does seem strange how it was just put out there without any info on it for new buyers of a leshiy 2. I received my butt section last week and seeing this new reg puzzled me, spoke to Matias at Spain and he said the apex adaptor is to be used with it to fit the gauge. I am presuming you can alter the reg pressure on the opposite side to the brass ( original) adjuster , as with this new apex reg- the gauge adaptor screws into the brass section.

The Regulator Gauge Adapter is installed onto the Forward Plug.
This would allow the user to monitor the pressure adjustments performed on the EDgun R.E.P.R., Huma-Air Raptor, EDgun Apex externally adjustable regulators, and pressure set on the Internal Standard Regulator.

IMG_1284.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: danny1992
I've just been trying to figure out the problems I have ever since I got my L2. Getting so tired of this gun.
Any mechanical device, fresh from the factory or in years of service, can have an issue at any time.
From my mechanically inclined perspective, my L2 has been an absolute joy to shoot, tune, upgrade and repair when necessary.

You stated that you were recommended to send your L2, to Brian, to be checked out.
What was the result of that recommendation?