EDgun Mysterious Leshiy 2 Externally Adjustable Regulator

Sorry I mean as in the whole airtube assembly with repr and the 1/8 npt fitting or whatever it is on the opposite side of the reg adjustment
So, you were just shipped this REPR (EAR) version, without any notification that it was different than the original REPR (EAR)?

What is the point, of an externally adjustable regulator, if you can’t read the pressure during adjustment. This version completely defeats the purpose for the REPR (EAR) vs the original internal regulator.

Reactions: L.Leon
This is the 3rd time I've taken apart this reg and fully cleaned it and inspected. Very lightly greased with silicone grease checked for any damage to metal surfaces or o rings etc.
No dice still 1 shot massive creep 1 shot "mild" creep then normalizes and has a minimal spread. Its almost like the ceramic ball and plastic cup aren't sealing enough or not enough tension in the system to counter pressure from the high pressure side.

So, you were just shipped this REPR (EAR) version, without any notification that it was different than the original REPR (EAR)?

What is the point, of an externally adjustable regulator, if you can’t read the pressure during adjustment. This version completely defeats the purpose for the REPR (EAR) vs the original internal regulator.
Y
Can you post some more pictures of the new design?

Black: Yup and theres no schematics or info that ive seen including any message from Ed

Msg: I'll have to tear it back apart but what are you interested in? I can basically walk through the current pics and give more insight

Random update I let it sit 10 mins and used some pellets.

1023 fps
979 fps
923 fps
then normalized around 880 fps

Y

Black: Yup and theres no schematics or info that ive seen including any message from Ed

Msg: I'll have to tear it back apart but what are you interested in? I can basically walk through the current pics and give more insight

Random update I let it sit 10 mins and used some pellets.

1023 fps
979 fps
923 fps
then normalized around 880 fps
Then it´s creeping alot. Dont leave it overnight with 300bar...
Can you take some pictures from both sides of the regulator. When its fitted.
Also pictures of the whole gun from both sides - maybe there are other visible changes

I am really suprised by that as well..
Same with the danish guy. He got a new one 3 weeks ago.

They should state it before shipping!

Then it´s creeping alot. Dont leave it overnight with 300bar...
Can you take some pictures from both sides of the regulator. When its fitted.
Also pictures of the whole gun from both sides - maybe there are other visible changes
Yeah im only putting in about 180bar just to test things but I have done 270 bar and got the same results as far as the super high spread on first 2 shots. I'll take some exterior photos after I get home from running errands.

I dont think I see any external changes based on other leshiy outside of the repr system. I think the metal index bearing for the rotary mag started becoming standard prior? maybe not? Bleed port on backside of the gauge in butt is present. Im not sure when plastic rotary mags started getting used either unless that is new.

Yeah im only putting in about 180bar just to test things but I have done 270 bar and got the same results as far as the super high spread on first 2 shots. I'll take some exterior photos after I get home from running errands.

I dont think I see any external changes based on other leshiy outside of the repr system. I think the metal index bearing for the rotary mag started becoming standard prior? maybe not? Bleed port on backside of the gauge in butt is present. Im not sure when plastic rotary mags started getting used either unless that is new.

Plastic mags came a year ago I think. Bearing also.
I have both plastic and metal mags and the bearing I installed some weeks ago. I still have indexing problems even though I changed everything in the sytem to new parts.
My serial is 4492.

I got a alpha slug barrel 600mm 5 weeks ago. The thread on the end was not aligned - so putting on my behemoth did make the pellet clip on the behemoth. I´m waiting for a solution from Spain.
Also got the Huma trigger frame - the picatiny was not correct in size. Got a new... Same problem. Its to tight and are out of official measurement for picatiny.
I´ve had many problems with my leshiy :( I´m looking into the index problem again tomorrow. While I fix problems I shoot the Steyr LP50 and BRK Ghost - but I really want the Leshiy 2 going. Its a lovely piece - but have been doing more fixing than shooting till now. Got it last summer (06/23)

Last edited:
Nothing looks different to me? The silencer I have not fully taken apart to check but quick glance I dont see much.

Also waiting on 450mm barrel jets carbon handguard and peazy system since it got forgotten in order.

20240113_145200.jpg

20240113_145217.jpg

20240113_145250.jpg

There are two ways how to eliminate a creep from REPR.
#1 remove the Reg core (only) and pressurize the gun, leave it overnight. That will make the 2mm ceramic ball create an indent into the delrin piece. Detailed instructions in the L2 Mega thread.
#2 I toke a 2 mm pin and made the front edge into a ball, lapped (with diamond compound) that ball end into the delrin piece.
In over a year the Reg never creep again. And couple months ago I even removed the digital gauge, easier to store the L2 this way, and for any tuning using the radar only...

Reactions: Franciscojr
#1 remove the Reg core (only) and pressurize the gun, leave it overnight. That will make the 2mm ceramic ball create an indent into the delrin piece. Detailed instructions in the L2 Mega thread.
#2 I toke a 2 mm pin and made the front edge into a ball, lapped (with diamond compound) that ball end into the delrin piece.
In over a year the Reg never creep again. And couple months ago I even removed the digital gauge, easier to store the L2 this way, and for any tuning using the radar only...
Thanks for the tip so as some have said its basically a "break in" procedure of sorts. I'll have to see how that works on this. Heres a pic I haven't shared yet but the new repr system can come out as a whole unit by just removing the retainer pin.

20240113_160137.jpg

Cannot find #1 in the mega thread. Have been trough it. Do you know where about it is?

Did the reg creep overnight? Or did the solution with removing the regulator block fix it?
So far its still hissing and slowly losing air. It might be a tad better but its losing around 5bar an hour 18 hrs in. I'll probably run to the store and see if I can find a 2mm diamond rotary bit or some other spherical bit to help it out.

I'll be talking to Brian probably tuesday and see if hes had any issues or complaints and go from there. I think currently the old repr system can still be purchased because it doesnt look like the old huma reg would even work in this system if i did want to get one.
This is so out of the ordinary for the EDgun team!

Ed usually introduces upcoming products and modifications on his YouTube page:

Brian is usually on top of providing how to videos, for new products and modifications, on his YouTube page:

#1 RTFM (read the manual) - it said there Edgun is releasing updates without any (further-later) notifications... consider it as work in progress...
#2 you posting too fast and swinging too much ... people don't have patience to read everything, this may be a reason nobody answering.
#3 try to simplify a Question to short and couple words only - one Q at a time, see #2.

• Wow
Reactions: BlackTitanium
#1 RTFM (read the manual) - it said there Edgun is releasing updates without any (further-later) notifications... consider it as work in progress...
#2 you posting too fast and swinging too much ... people don't have patience to read everything, this may be a reason nobody answering.
#3 try to simplify a Question to short and couple words only - one Q at a time, see #2.
I dont get #2 and #3. Where the fast questions and swinging?

#1 Good to know :) But a new buyer do not have the manual

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackTitanium