My Zulus arrived today…

It was scheduled for delivery on the 29th, but arrived today. And of course I can’t play with it as I will be on the road until this evening. Quickly mounted because I couldn’t resist getting a look at it on the gun. My intent is to sight in this evening and go from there. Will post up my neophyte impressions as I go along.

IMG_1137.jpeg

I'm looking for a scope to film my squirrel hunts and am very interested in this for that. If the eye relief isn't to tight
I'm curious how your view will look in the sun if not using the eye piece.
Just got home… but will post up an answer, once I’ve used it a bit. Am too tired to play with it tonight, but intend on a few hours of play tomorrow.

It was scheduled for delivery on the 29th, but arrived today. And of course I can’t play with it as I will be on the road until this evening. Quickly mounted because I couldn’t resist getting a look at it on the gun. My intent is to sight in this evening and go from there. Will post up my neophyte impressions as I go along.

View attachment 421313
Hello @L.Leon

That is a great looking rig. Looking forward to seeing some shot targets and get a report from you.

ThomasT

Hello @L.Leon

That is a great looking rig. Looking forward to seeing some shot targets and get a report from you.

ThomasT
I was a little frustrated with it today, but got it sighted in. And no, I did not use the “one shot” zero, and had to shim the base that attaches to the scope. It definitely won’t become my primary optic, and will primarily be used as a night vision scope. I will post up further observations through use. Today was my first day with it and so far I’m tempered by the fact it wasn’t as easy to setup as expected. The saving grace is that its going on a dedicated gun. Will play with it some more tomorrow, while I am not a reviewer. I will honestly post up my likes and dislikes.

I was a little frustrated with it today, but got it sighted in. And no, I did not use the “one shot” zero, and had to shim the base that attaches to the scope. It definitely won’t become my primary optic, and will primarily be used as a night vision scope. I will post up further observations through use. Today was my first day with it and so far I’m tempered by the fact it wasn’t as easy to setup as expected. The saving grace is that its going on a dedicated gun. Will play with it some more tomorrow, while I am not a reviewer. I will honestly post up my likes and dislikes.
Hello again @L.Leon

I will surely trust your review over one of the so called "experts".

ThomasT

Unfortunately I had to do the same, but I also had to do it with my PARDs so it wasn’t a surprise. Both scopes have similar mounts.

@L.Leon I use my PARDs for dedicated night shooting with occasional day shooting. I still haven’t been able to get my Zulus to the range to test its “legs” yet as I take care of my mom and haven’t been able to get past my 30 yards at home. The rabbits I have seen at 70+ yards at night with it are very clear, but I can’t shoot them! Haven’t been able to take it night ratting either to compare to the NV008.

Don’t give up until you use it a night!

Unfortunately I had to do the same, but I also had to do it with my PARDs so it wasn’t a surprise. Both scopes have similar mounts.

@L.Leon I use my PARDs for dedicated night shooting with occasional day shooting. I still haven’t been able to get my Zulus to the range to test its “legs” yet as I take care of my mom and haven’t been able to get past my 30 yards at home. The rabbits I have seen at 70+ yards at night with it are very clear, but I can’t shoot them! Haven’t been able to take it night ratting either to compare to the NV008.

Don’t give up until you use it a night!
How is the clarity during the day? I'm not expecting crystal sharp but I do like it to be sharp.

@dens228 IMHO, the clarity during the day is better than the PARD. The Zulus has 5 zoom levels and the PARD only has 2, so I am comparing the 2 closest to the PARD. The PARD is good and like all digital scopes better at the lowest zoom factor, but in the small time I have been using both, the Zulus is clearer and it shows even better at the higher zoom levels.

• Wow
Reactions: SHOMER and dens228
Haven’t commented on mine because am in the middle of digging a 60+ feet, 3 foot deep trench in my yard. Which connects the house to the 500 foot well we just had drilled, pounded and fracked! I love the way it looks on my gun and the NV is sweet. Just a little too cold for outside night playing… Looking forward to getting more comfortable with it.

Haven’t posted up because the arriving Zulus coincided with us having a well dug. And then me having to dig the pictured 63 foot long, 3 foot deep trench to connect this new well to the house. I saved over 1K excavating the trench, but it was cold work and I am sore. Then there’s the backfilling and come Spring? A massive cleanup in said yard…🙀 The mess in the yard has overshadowed my shooting for the moment.

IMG_3118.jpeg

Haven’t posted up because the arriving Zulus coincided with us having a well dug. And then me having to dig the pictured 63 foot long, 3 foot deep trench to connect this new well to the house. I saved over 1K excavating the trench, but it was cold work and I am sore. Then there’s the backfilling and come Spring? A massive cleanup in said yard…🙀 The mess in the yard has overshadowed my shooting for the moment.

View attachment 422778
Hello @L.Leon

Man that looks full of roots and rocks :(, hope the rest goes much better.

ThomasT

Hello @L.Leon

Man that looks full of roots and rocks :(, hope the rest goes much better.

ThomasT
From your lips to Gods‘ ears… Thanks! Yes, lots of roots and the rocks!🙀 The town is called Stone Ridge for a reason… Once the pump from the new well is connected and buried; I will tackle the yard cleanup in the Spring, what a mess…🙀🙈