My Yong Heng saga, part 4

I previously posted a few times last month or so regarding my 3.5 year old YH finally "giving up the ghost". My friend Nick (Socaloldman) gave me his dual cylinder Tuxing (T-032 I think) as he is rarely using it these days. Between Centercut (original owner & benefactor of the Tuxing to Nick) & Nick's "Frankensteining" of this unit it was pretty intimidating compared to my simple Yong Heng & its bucket of water. It has its own water supply with heavy duty water pump, 4 added fans for cooling compressor & water, added run-time clock & water temp gauge and other features & stuff I'm sure I haven't noticed yet! Used it in earnest for the first time today topping off my 30, 45 & 60 minute tanks from 3700psi to 4250ish psi. HOLY CRAP, am I overjoyed at Nick's gift to me!!! Topped off 3 tanks in less time than it used to do one. Compressor never got above 42 Celsius & HALF as loud as my YH was. Couldn't be happier with results!
20231203_141026.jpg

Here’s the history on that compressor.
PS., I “Frankensteined” the Compressor, not Nick. 😂

https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...-pcp-air-compressor-taking-the-plunge.233702/
Well Mike, 1st of all, GOOD to hear from you! Secondly, you ought to design compressors for Tuxing!!! Only needed to use it a couple or 3 times now but it's fantastic! Did some very routine clean up on it, tightened anything needing to be tightened, changed oil, changed water in tank with a bit of antifreeze to inhibit corrosion & that's about it. The speed at which it fills (tops off) tanks is so much quicker than my YH was & literally half as loud (DB meter used)! So, thanks to you for your design & Nick for the gift. Lucky me! Let's go shooting.

Reactions: Revoman
Well Mike, 1st of all, GOOD to hear from you! Secondly, you ought to design compressors for Tuxing!!! Only needed to use it a couple or 3 times now but it's fantastic! Did some very routine clean up on it, tightened anything needing to be tightened, changed oil, changed water in tank with a bit of antifreeze to inhibit corrosion & that's about it. The speed at which it fills (tops off) tanks is so much quicker than my YH was & literally half as loud (DB meter used)! So, thanks to you for your design & Nick for the gift. Lucky me! Let's go shooting.
Anytime. Nick actually re-did some of my sloppy engineering and replaced all the skinny power wires with thicker more appropriate ones. That compressor has been in service since 2017. Still chugging.

Reactions: Revoman