My War on Starlings

Thanks mark!!

There's not much better than a hard hit on a Starling!!!

I can't wait for them to be stupid again, like last November when I fist started shooting them. It was almost like you couldn't reload fast enough some days. And I didn't have the experience last year....I was a total air gun noob with a single shot and hand pump.

This year will bring both guns to the game, the Wildcat and Streamline, and I have an air tank now so no more break for the pests while I hand pump. I just need for the FX NoLimits mounts to come in so I can get the SL back into action.

:)

Heyy Bob_O

I just spent some time reading your entire thread and watched your most excellent videos! Great work on the pesting! My gosh you are 1 dedicated guy... Cold weather, snow wind.. up all nite! WOW

And you've made some great videos to let us all in on your action... 

I have had my .22 Streamline for about 2 weeks now and am so impressed with its accuracy.. 2 farms here to rid of Starlings, English Sparrows and Collared Doves. So far I have zapped a good number of each and am in the process of fine tuning my rig. One farm I can only use level 1 for most shots but no problem dispatching any of those 3 birds species. I did get 1 crow at about 35 yards but used power lever 3 ... DOA that crow was... fell straight down and never flapped a wing!

Thanks again for the great thread here... The native birds and farmers certainly appreciate your fine work...

Cheers and happy shooting

Lucky 

Thanks guys!!

LS,

Power level 2 is great for the smaller birds, I used it a lot when I first got the SL.....plus the shot count is great...over 70 shots easy.
I tend to use all High power now unless there's a good reason to use M or L.

Monkey,

Check out these holds for elevation and windage. It's not a starling but still good. Though I did shoot several starlings the other day between 25 and 65 yds. And I WILL make a 100 yard shot on a Starling this year. :)

Bob, great video and worth the wait! I told you I had a male house sparrow try to mate with a female house sparrow right after I shot her. I guess it’s not as unusual as I thought. I could hear the excitement, in your usually unflappable voice, when you whacked that pigeon at 101 yards. Helluva a shot!

Thanks for posting!