• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan My Vet is done

Recently changed some things around. Swapped scopes and put my 4-20x50 on my Vet instead of my Tikka T1X. I also got a nice cheek piece and mag holder.
20240509_062323.jpg

Dropped my speed from 960fps with JTS 18gr to 915fps. Wanted to check it fully this morning while it was dead calm. Also tested loose hold and a tight hold. It likes a tighter hold. I clicked one click to the right between the loose and tight groups. When I went to reset my turrets the other day I forgot to lock my turret and spun it😳 and guessed where it was and was 1 off. Adjusted alittle high to not blow out my aim point. This is why Taipans are great guns. Yes I did have some rare issues with this one but now that I fixed it it's becoming one of the best shooters I've owned. My Evol is the only one I can say has been as consistent as this one.
20240512_074842.jpg

Recently changed some things around. Swapped scopes and put my 4-20x50 on my Vet instead of my Tikka T1X. I also got a nice cheek piece and mag holder.
View attachment 463905
Dropped my speed from 960fps with JTS 18gr to 915fps. Wanted to check it fully this morning while it was dead calm. Also tested loose hold and a tight hold. It likes a tighter hold. I clicked one click to the right between the loose and tight groups. When I went to reset my turrets the other day I forgot to lock my turret and spun it😳 and guessed where it was and was 1 off. Adjusted alittle high to not blow out my aim point. This is why Taipans are great guns. Yes I did have some rare issues with this one but now that I fixed it it's becoming one of the best shooters I've owned. My Evol is the only one I can say has been as consistent as this one.
View attachment 463904
Nice work Dillon! My Vet Long .22 likes in order of accuracy, JSB 18.1, H&N 18’s almost as good, JTS 18 good but not great and same reg setting couple of turns out on the Hammer Spring Crossman 14.3 . Slugs, it’s very good with the NSA 17.5 also the winner after 50 yds. Just great guns

Reactions: Dairyboy
I think that veteran found the right home . Good looking targets. Some guys don't get Taipans and think its just another bullpup. Until you've felt the quiet smooth shot cycle and pulled its amazing trigger, plus accuracy that's as good as the guy holding it , it's hard to comprehend. And the precision safety , cocking handle. All this and more because it's also built like a tank. I actually like the rear lever . My right hand stays on the hand grip and my left cocks it and loads it without moving my right hand , when using the single shot tray. I'm slinging 18gr pellets at 890 fps .

Here's a 30y target using the JTS 22.07gr pellets at 800 fps using Vet standard. Awesome PCPs .

20240422_084752.jpg

Oh hell yeah. That'll work!

Me likey (y):love:(y)
Yes sir that's what I was thinking! Glad to be back in the Taipan club.
Going to have to try some of the JTS pellets. Nice shooting!
I find the JTS to be superior to the JSBs in consistency and accuracy. Im not sure how many tins I've used so far but yet to find a single pellet that is bent or messed up. Pretty sure they make or are made by same people as AEA pellets also. Yes they are harder alloy but haven't noticed much difference in leading either. Absolutely worth a try. Both my guns prefer them over JSBs

Reactions: Macros
Dillon that is one beautiful and ACCURATE (kudos to the shooter too) Taipan, wonderful groups @ 50yds!
Thanks Randall! Im not a big wood guy for personal use but I do love the look of this laminate stock. Hope it holds up well to my use.
Nice work Dillon! My Vet Long .22 likes in order of accuracy, JSB 18.1, H&N 18’s almost as good, JTS 18 good but not great and same reg setting couple of turns out on the Hammer Spring Crossman 14.3 . Slugs, it’s very good with the NSA 17.5 also the winner after 50 yds. Just great guns
Thanks Joe! Yeah mine likes JSBs but LOVES the JTS. Mine has very little choke too so makes me wonder with the JTS being harder alloy if that helps. I've yet to get any decent slugs through it yet but am wanting to try. At the same time though shooting this accurate it's just like why try lol. But yes great guns

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchibi
I think that veteran found the right home . Good looking targets. Some guys don't get Taipans and think its just another bullpup. Until you've felt the quiet smooth shot cycle and pulled its amazing trigger, plus accuracy that's as good as the guy holding it , it's hard to comprehend. And the precision safety , cocking handle. All this and more because it's also built like a tank. I actually like the rear lever . My right hand stays on the hand grip and my left cocks it and loads it without moving my right hand , when using the single shot tray. I'm slinging 18gr pellets at 890 fps .

Here's a 30y target using the JTS 22.07gr pellets at 800 fps using Vet standard. Awesome PCPs .

View attachment 463928
I agree with you. I'm glad to have gotten this one. I wasn't at first, but after going through the steps to get it going I love it. Yeah there is something special about a Taipan. There are lots of great guns but Taipans, not having any of the fancy gadgets or even forward cocking can still stand against some of the best cause they just work. I have no issues with the rear cocking either find it works just fine and simple. With how accurate it is I don't need a fast reload anyways lol. Wow those look great. Mine likes those 22.07 also. Might need to try them at my slower speed and see how they do also.

I agree with you. I'm glad to have gotten this one. I wasn't at first, but after going through the steps to get it going I love it. Yeah there is something special about a Taipan. There are lots of great guns but Taipans, not having any of the fancy gadgets or even forward cocking can still stand against some of the best cause they just work. I have no issues with the rear cocking either find it works just fine and simple. With how accurate it is I don't need a fast reload anyways lol. Wow those look great. Mine likes those 22.07 also. Might need to try them at my slower speed and see how they do also.

Fast follow up shots are for people who miss the first time, he he.

How many shots are you getting per fill? And is that a stock shroud? Nice targets! Shooting off a tripod?
Alot lol I'm not sure. I don't usually check shots per fill. My guess would be close to 80-100 but I will see. I never shoot that much in a day. When pesting maybe 20 shots at most if I have the time. Usually just refill when I get home regardless of how much I shot. Shroud is not. It's off a Shorty from @scubajeeper that he was no longer using. My original one was bent and causing clipping. After that got taken care of the crown was bad and throwing flyers lol. As can see now it clearly is fixed. And thanks. Yes I use a small tripod and rear bag for sighting in and testing. Very solid setup. I usually just use that bag rested on my truck door for pesting though. Also have a larger tripod I use.

Reactions: Mr.H
Dairyboy,

How do you like the magazine holder? Do you have a link where they can be found?

Thanks,

Jerry
Sure thing Jerry.

Lots of goodies to look at and different sizes and styles for the Taipans. And yes I do like them. Also they're made by our fellow member @Skydivingmiami great products!

I didn't need to adjust anything for the 22.07 JTS . I left it at 890 fps with 18gr tune and the extra weight of the 22.07 dropped my fps to 800 . I was trying some different pellets and was stoked when I saw the accuracy of the 22.07s .

Mine shoots the 16gr Hades at 920 fps , fx branded, really good. I marked my HS adjustment as it came from the factory. I'm backed off about a half turn from the stock settings and it does well w a variety pellets .

It should handle the farm truck lifestyle where you need a solid, durable build . 💪

Reactions: Dairyboy
Alot lol I'm not sure. I don't usually check shots per fill. My guess would be close to 80-100 but I will see. I never shoot that much in a day. When pesting maybe 20 shots at most if I have the time. Usually just refill when I get home regardless of how much I shot. Shroud is not. It's off a Shorty from @scubajeeper that he was no longer using. My original one was bent and causing clipping. After that got taken care of the crown was bad and throwing flyers lol. As can see now it clearly is fixed. And thanks. Yes I use a small tripod and rear bag for sighting in and testing. Very solid setup. I usually just use that bag rested on my truck door for pesting though. Also have a larger tripod I use.
Cool, thanks for the reply. Do you think at some point you might try out the new JSB 20 gr. pellets? Has anyone seen these pellets yet?

I didn't need to adjust anything for the 22.07 JTS . I left it at 890 fps with 18gr tune and the extra weight of the 22.07 dropped my fps to 800 . I was trying some different pellets and was stoked when I saw the accuracy of the 22.07s .

Mine shoots the 16gr Hades at 920 fps , fx branded, really good. I marked my HS adjustment as it came from the factory. I'm backed off about a half turn from the stock settings and it does well w a variety pellets .

It should handle the farm truck lifestyle where you need a solid, durable build . 💪
Yeah mine shoot about 80-90fps slower than my 18gr also. I tuned it first to 960fps which shot the 22.07gr at 875fps. They did pretty good but the 18gr did a tad better at 100yds. Figured why push the gun if the 18gr can still shoot that good at a high speed. So dropped to 915fps and groups got even better with the 18gr. Will need to see the 22.07gr now. I havent tried Hades in years I probably should. Mine likes the 16gr FXs too but JTS 18gr still better. It'd nice how easy it is to adjust the HS yet still stay very consistent over the chronograph. And yup its doing a good job
20240513_105315.jpg