• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My under ground range

I made an under ground range for my .22 long rifle and my airguns, it is 30 meters long from my heated shop so I can shoot all winter.I would of liked to go to 50 meters but I had to big over my water line to the house so that was out.
I made a target changer out of an old knife sharpener made two rollers on my lathe and it hold a full roll of wall paper enough to keep me busy all winter long.
The block of wood you see is for my crony and the lights are for that also. hope you like it .Steve!

View attachment IMG_0588.HEIC

View attachment IMG_0587.HEIC

View attachment IMG_0586.HEIC

I would like to help you but I am not computer smart mabe someone could help. Steve!
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

Here you go! Wish I could do the same in my basement but my better half would smother me with a pillow at night if I did...

-Marty

Thank you! This makes my shooting from our master bedroom. through the master bath, and into the walk-in closet seem exceedingly tame (at least that will be my response to my wife). :D Truth though, I'm envious. Like hkshooter, I've also always wanted an "underground range attached to my basement safe room/man cave".

I'm curious about the size of the tube and how much you worry about the arc of the shot? I assume that for 30m, its not to much of a problem, but the size of the tube would dictate what kind of distance you can reasonably do.

I made an under ground range for my .22 long rifle and my airguns, it is 30 meters long from my heated shop so I can shoot all winter.I would of liked to go to 50 meters but I had to big over my water line to the house so that was out.
I made a target changer out of an old knife sharpener made two rollers on my lathe and it hold a full roll of wall paper enough to keep me busy all winter long.
The block of wood you see is for my crony and the lights are for that also. hope you like it .Steve!

View attachment 319322

View attachment 319323

View attachment 319324
Now THAT is a dedicated shooter! Hats off brother!

Reactions: Ozwald
Yes, there is access at the end , The ground slopes up away from my shop and at the end, it is 8ft underground. the bottom is concrete with a 4 ft square concrete blocks up to the surface and it is 1 ft above the ground with a lid on it.
I can get down in there to change the rolls of paper. I will get pictures when the snow goes down. Steve!

Any chance you could change format to jpeg? Not able to view, would like to check out thanks.
I was having same problem. I don't know what platform you are using, I'm still using windows 7 professional and will until switching to linux becomes necessary. I downloaded "copytrans heic for windows" from the makers website, and installed it after creating a restore point. It is working great for using in windows, but not on browsers, turns out it won't work on browsers, only in windows software, explorer/photo viewer/etc. I can right click on the heic files and choose open with windows photo viewer and see them. A bit of a pain, but no big deal. Can also right click on any heic file and directly convert to jpg if I wanted to save it in a different format. It is free for end users, but not for business. No spyware, adware, etc. if you get it from the makers site, I wouldn't download it from anywhere else. It is not a program, but is a windows plug in.

HEIC is a compressed file format from apple they have been using for several years now. It is better at compressing pictures by far than jpg, and actually retains more detail from original file than jpg does. So we now know @Ozwald uses an iphone.

I was having same problem. I don't know what platform you are using, I'm still using windows 7 professional and will until switching to linux becomes necessary. I downloaded "copytrans heic for windows" from the makers website, and installed it after creating a restore point. It is working great for using in windows, but not on browsers, turns out it won't work on browsers, only in windows software, explorer/photo viewer/etc. I can right click on the heic files and choose open with windows photo viewer and see them. A bit of a pain, but no big deal. Can also right click on any heic file and directly convert to jpg if I wanted to save it in a different format. It is free for end users, but not for business. No spyware, adware, etc. if you get it from the makers site, I wouldn't download it from anywhere else. It is not a program, but is a windows plug in.

HEIC is a compressed file format from apple they have been using for several years now. It is better at compressing pictures by far than jpg, and actually retains more detail from original file than jpg does. So we now know @Ozwald uses an iphone.
Appreciate the info, I am Using Win7 Pro, Chrome, and have a iphone, and still did not recognize the file type. Now I know to view this type of file with my iphone thanks.

Reactions: Ozwald