My Ultimate Springer Shootout is coming !!

"Goodtogo"...I would explain the 75 as two trains running at each other on the tracks, and you hope the switch has been thrown to make that work. Its been said many times that you only shoot the 75 one time with no pellet. No pellet those pistons slam into the middle like those trains. ;)

Never had mine apart... but don't they move away from each other ?

I think you are right Ziabeam. Since I can't find the post that talks about that. I know that shooting one without a pellet does do damage that you don't want. Looking at the 75's diagram its not easy to see what the rifle is doing to take the pressure from two separate pistons and put it into one spot. My mistake was thinking they met in the middle and transferred the energy thru a port? I have looked for one for some time and maybe its a good thing I haven't found one. ;) I should change that post to the pistons slam into the ends.

It must be a relief that your newly acquired rifle has a recent rebuild. Finding new springs here in the states may be a task now that ARH has discontinued them.

I own two Giss-system airguns. The springs/seals had to be replaced in both. It did not seem too difficult on either gun. One is a Diana original 10 pistol and the other is a Diana 60T. If you can take apart a FWB 300 in your sleep the Diana 75 would be a breeze. The hardest part is keeping the springs from buckling during reassembly but there is a little trick to help with that(PM for that info if needed). The best advice to anyone is take lots of photos of trigger parts and other mechanics before disassembly or else have a very very good memory.

I am looking forward to the Shootout.

Steven

The Giss system on my Diana 60 has 2 equal size and weight pistons opposing each other. There are 3 springs, one main spring and 2 secondaries. Both of the pistons travel on common geared tracks. The forward piston incorporates one track and is on the bottom. The rear piston track is on the top. Between the two tracks is a set of gears that separates them and coordinates the movement. The rear piston relieves pressure generated there through a vented cap in the back of the cylinder. The forward piston obviously propels the pellet. I think that's how it works. I'm not an expert on these things so please correct me if I'm wrong.

"Wadcutter"It must be a relief that your newly acquired rifle has a recent rebuild. Finding new springs here in the states may be a task now that ARH has discontinued them.

I own two Giss-system airguns. The springs/seals had to be replaced in both. It did not seem too difficult on either gun. One is a Diana original 10 pistol and the other is a Diana 60T. If you can take apart a FWB 300 in your sleep the Diana 75 would be a breeze. The hardest part is keeping the springs from buckling during reassembly but there is a little trick to help with that(PM for that info if needed). The best advice to anyone is take lots of photos of trigger parts and other mechanics before disassembly or else have a very very good memory.

I am looking forward to the Shootout.

Steven
Might take you up on the "info".
Have a Diana 75 T01 that shoots like a dream, a Diana 60T that was rebuilt just before my dad sold it to me (also shoots superbly), but my Winchester 333 (aka Diana) needs a rebuild, since red crumbs are showing and velocity has plummeted, meaning the original seals have failed.
Selling the 60T now that I have an HW55T.

"JoeWayneRhea"I'm up for a online match ..Robert and Jonnes y'all jump in to . Bring your best springer and lets see how we are doing as a group .! Man the more I read about the 75 the more I'm glad this one is good as is !!! I can break down a FWB in my sleep , but this sounds like a WHOLE different animal !!
I'm up! :D

I'm about to head off to the range this morning, will post the results later today. But these are my best groups so far. Prone, off-hand. Used the official 10-meter match targets. By the way, I use the Targetscan app for measuring the scores. 

And yeah Joe, the 75 is a completely different animal, way more complex.

Thanks Joe, here's the result with my FWB300S of this morning. Petty, shot one 8, but the rest is pretty close to the previous score. 30 shots, 10 meters, prone with diopter sights. Edge-to-edge it measures 0,36". I use cheap pellets for training, I've ordered some expensive RWS match pellets (100 in a box, head size and weight is hand selected) and that should result in a better score. 

Looks like Jonnes set the bar for 30 shots at 10M. Can't do prone inside my shop, but do have an improvised indoor 31 foot range (from sandbag to target face)
Fixin to fire 30 shots on a five Bull target... 6 shots each bull. WIll try an honest 25 yds outside later today.

Pictures of the D75 T01 and redneck indoor range in my backyard 25' x 30' machine shop.

Firing from standing position over sandbag sitting on C-clamp on free-standing pegboard... simulated SOBRIETY TEST !!!

31 feet photo zoomed in on target (not quite 10M)

Reactions: JoeWayneRhea
Jonnes is in the lead !!

Firing from standing position over sandbag sitting on C-clamp on free-standing pegboard… simulated SOBRIETY TEST !!!

None of the bad shots were a surprise... went right where I called them. The improvised platform is not very stable. The airgun shoots right where it's pointing.

6 shots each bull ( 30 shots total )