My Ultimate Springer Shootout is coming !!

OK I finally go some trigger time with the Diana 75 . First impressions follow ...Bear in mind I shoot almost nothing but my FWB so it'll be what I compare it to .
Looks . OK both look incredible , each has its own niche . But both have the all business approach to Airguns but do it with Style !! I like them both .
Trigger , both have plenty of adjustment and can be set light . I didn't play with the Diana much ...It is COLD HERE . Both are very nice . Not really fair comparison because my trigger on mine just breaks without me thinking after 15-20k shots . Little secret .. When I sell on of my personal FWB rifles, I keep my trigger group Everytime ..lol
Speed . Again it's kinda a wash . Mine handles the 10.3 pellets MUCH better . You can see spiriling with the Diana , they both shoot the lighter pellets GREAT !! Photos below . FWB is a Little faster but not a ton ..Plus mine has a Macarri spring.
Cocking effort . This on goes to the FWB . Not by a huge amount but it is lighter . Trade off is with the Diana you don't have to latch and unlatch lever . You just pull it open , and push it closed . But it does take a little more effort .. That being said they are both VERY easy to cock .
Loading ... If you load right handed ( I don't ) then the Diana wins by a mile . Absolutely no obstructions between you and the breech . Left handed it's about the same .
Ease to scope ... The Diana is much longer between scope rail and port so a longer scope can be used with obstructing the breech . But the FWB has longer grooves . The Diana uses a quality machined riser to attach ring ..FWB uses grooves machined in reciever.
Firing action . Hen the trigger fires on the Diana it literally feels like a PCP , there is a slight quiver and then a hole in the target . FWB entire action slides rearward to absorb any recoil . Both are amazing , but the Diana in NO WAY feels or sounds like a springer . If you to shoot it blindfolded it is almost like a SSP . Except for the slight firing noise . Both are plenty quiet !!
ACCURACY the BIGGIE . It's too early to tell ...But both are Badasses !!!

These were shot with a north wind hitting me in the face ( vertical strings) and I am dying to see what it'll do in light wind . The Diana is absolutely astounding . Best way I know to put it . I've only fired 3 springers that made me go WOW in my head when fired for the first time . ..HW30 , FWB 300 , and now the Drain 75 . It's THAT GOOD !!! I also realized that a Hawke 2-7 is WAY under scoping this gun . My Leupold gonna have to do double duty for the video .

Nice Joe, the lighter AA pellets do quite well. I'll try my FWB300 tonight at 25 meters to see what it does at that range.

The Anschütz 220 is extremely hard to come by. If you can get your hands on one and you have the money to spare, I'd invest in it. The Anschütz 220 and 250 are somewhat of a different animal in all respects. They weren't just created as a 10-meter match rifle, but also as a trainer for the rimfire Anschütz 54 match rifles. That's why they look identical. They're not the prettiest of all the match springers, but they sure are great rifles! I'd love to get my hands on a 250 with the typical 54 Match stock, because that's my primary 50-meter match rimfire rifle. Those 250's are impossible to come by!

Above, the 220, below the 250:

So today I got a very light wind day so I shot 4 groups of 10 pellets each out of the Diana and the FWB . Here's the target . The FWB groups have a red o besides them. The Diana's have the X .

The Diana shoots best with the 7.33 pellets no doubt . It just doesn't shoot any other pellet I have on hand as well .My particular FWB isn't as pellet fussy . When I get the higher power scope in Friday I'll be able to aim a little more precisely. But I was shooting well today .

Joe you like to tinker with air guns do you ever polish the crown? At times on some of my pb rifles and even most air guns I polish the crown since it makes it easier to check. I have different bits to do that with. But a simple gadget that keeps you from causing more problems than you help is take a slotted brass screw of the correct head size for the caliber of the gun. And I have done a few by hand with different grades of grinding compound. But since most of us are lazy and in a hurry here is something that "sort of" self centers. You take the correct size screw and cut it in half and thread each half into a spring. This helps the operator of the drill keep everything lined up.

This is only polishing not cutting. And if you are prone to break things maybe not a good idea. ;)

Edit: also when I use bore polish on a rifle or pistol. I take a .105 weedeater string like I make my pull thru out of. I cut a slot in the middle of the string so that I can put a patch in the middle and pull it in and out. Back and forth a few times and change patches or just add bore paste to the patch.

Tyoo3kW.jpg