AEA My ultimate deer rifle

I think this is a winner for sure AEA element 45
1000003559.jpg

I have not had a bit of trouble with my .457 and I am very happy with it. It likes 220gr griffins.

View attachment 444921
Nice! Did you weigh yours out of the box? The specs say they weigh 5.2#, but mine was 6.17#. I was wanting to keep it as light as possible and with my Leupold 1.5x5, it's just under 7#. They really are a nice powerful light package!

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Nice! Did you weigh yours out of the box? The specs say they weigh 5.2#, but mine was 6.17#. I was wanting to keep it as light as possible and with my Leupold 1.5x5, it's just under 7#. They really are a nice powerful light package!
No, I really did not think to do it at the time. I have a Monstrum 2x7 on mine. Very reasonably priced and works very well. I love it.

Reactions: lonedave
Well, that depends on which scope I am using. If I'm using my monstrum, about 60 yards. If I put on my Zulu, I would not hesitate to go 100 if I had a good steady hold with a rest of some kind, because it has the range finder and bullet drop compensator built in. The gun can do it. I just don't trust myself to get the drop right and be steady enough. The more you practice, the better you get, but honestly, almost every deer I have ever shot in my life has been inside 30 yards. It's how and where you hunt and do you have a tree or shooting sticks to help steady your aim or will it be an offhand shot. Practice shooting the same way you will be hunting, offhand, shooting sticks, etc. I believe that hunting limitations are more about the individual person's ability to make a good shot than it is about the gun being able to make a clean kill. So for everyone it will be different.

Last edited: