• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My thoughts as far as custom work on about anything.

I ran a demo;ition crew for 15+ years! I never had a Guy hurt on the job because I always trained them how to do it right!
Small cuts and such yes. But NEVER a need to go to a hospital IF they followed my instructions!

I had one Guy that ignored me. Guess who went to a hospital.
That's a leader...not a boss🎩🤙

That's a leader...not a boss🎩🤙
You know what? I never considered myself, nor called myself, a Boss.
I was hired to guide and train personnel to do demolition work with minimun injuries.
At NO POINT in time did I ever ask my Guys to do anything I would not do myself!
Many times as I trained them? I did the dangerous work as they watched and learned.
I'd rather have been injuried then have my Guys hurt.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Yep. Then you end up with a basement full of stuff like Lathe, Drill press, grinder, and MORE!
Now I bought all that while working so I'd have them when I retired. So now I'm nearing 1 year retired and those toyz?
I can tinker to my hearts desires!

I also ended up with a 3D printer that I do parts on for another to make things for.
He sells his stuff with parts I print and both of us make a few bucks. Nice thing about the printer is it works as I do other things!
I did the same, equipping my shop before I retired.

Now, everyday is Saturday!

You know what? I never considered myself, nor called myself, a Boss.
I was hired to guide and train personnel to do demolition work with minimun injuries.
At NO POINT in time did I ever ask my Guys to do anything I would not do myself!
Many times as I trained them? I did the dangerous work as they watched and learned.
I'd rather have been injuried then have my Guys hurt.
Then you are an exceptional leader🤟🤗

shade tree garage tuner

an average guy who likes airguns has a spring compressor a little knowledge of how to use it and disassemble guns. Likes to go in relubing what’s there or drop in a premade kit.

cost as minimal as it’s usually lube or the cost of the kit Itself from the manufacture

$25 to $100

Level 1 pro tuner. Getting rare ,but a few still exist

A tuner is a person qualified at Tuning a gun with a new guides and a custom top hat and a custom spring ,
filing smoothing adjusting the cocking slot. buttoning , Or glideing the piston ,making custom seals Or any part that’s needed. basically take a stock gun and take it to the best shooting range , not the max power..
I have been doing it for over 25 years , on select guns I own, and there’s some guns I still struggle to get it where it needs to be even if you do the same thing. Every gun is different and you have to use all the knowledge you’ve learned through the years. Take good notes on builds and date them

anywhere from $100 to $500 cost. Depends on the tuner.

Level 2 gunsmith. RARE AND ALMOST EXTINCT.

A gunsmith is a whole different ball game. A gunsmith manufactures parts and can make his own gun. Complete compression tubes breach blocks and cocking arms pistons and any other adapters needed. They also can do complete stocks and finishing of them. A gunsmith doesn’t need a factory gun to start with but may reuse certain parts because it’s easier when making your own gun to use parts as breach blocks trigger mechanisms and such. Usually barrels are hand selected. Each gun is bespoke to a specific customer or goal.. Each gun is one in its own there are no two alike..

stars at $1000 and goes up. Sky’s the limit on customers desire

I will post up a link in the next day or so of the brand new gun I built from the ground up and it specs

shade tree garage tuner

an average guy who likes airguns has a spring compressor a little knowledge of how to use it and disassemble guns. Likes to go in relubing what’s there or drop in a premade kit.

cost as minimal as it’s usually lube or the cost of the kit Itself from the manufacture

$25 to $100

Level 1 pro tuner. Getting rare ,but a few still exist

A tuner is a person qualified at Tuning a gun with a new guides and a custom top hat and a custom spring ,
filing smoothing adjusting the cocking slot. buttoning , Or glideing the piston ,making custom seals Or any part that’s needed. basically take a stock gun and take it to the best shooting range , not the max power..
I have been doing it for over 25 years , on select guns I own, and there’s some guns I still struggle to get it where it needs to be even if you do the same thing. Every gun is different and you have to use all the knowledge you’ve learned through the years. Take good notes on builds and date them

anywhere from $100 to $500 cost. Depends on the tuner.

Level 2 gunsmith. RARE AND ALMOST EXTINCT.

A gunsmith is a whole different ball game. A gunsmith manufactures parts and can make his own gun. Complete compression tubes breach blocks and cocking arms pistons and any other adapters needed. They also can do complete stocks and finishing of them. A gunsmith doesn’t need a factory gun to start with but may reuse certain parts because it’s easier when making your own gun to use parts as breach blocks trigger mechanisms and such. Usually barrels are hand selected. Each gun is bespoke to a specific customer or goal.. Each gun is one in its own there are no two alike..

stars at $1000 and goes up. Sky’s the limit on customers desire

I will post up a link in the next day or so of the brand new gun I built from the ground up and it specs
Waiting patiently. I always find your posts interesting. Would enjoy to see more of your work. Thank you in advance

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1