My ThomasAir HPX I named SURELY + swaged 42gr slugs

Hi Jeff,

I haven't heard of anybody trying 6mm in a PCP but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done before. I don't know much about BR honestly and very much an amateur.

6mmPPC - Although I never competed with the two BR rifles in this cartridge that I owned I did play with them and WOW I felt that everything else I've tried since then at 100Y was silly in comparison and that includes my 6mmBR.

I "think"??? that the problem with 6mm "slugs" being heavy enough to provide a higher BC than the 40-ish grain slugs in 22 cal in a PPC would be the power to push them fast enough and also softening that power into a gun precise enough to be competitive.

You might ask your question in the BR forum to see what more experienced BR shooters have to say.

Thanks for the reply I was just curious because the 6mm is so dominate in centerfire. Loving my TX200....no reloadind and pretty much no cleaning. I go through over 30 steps to reload my br cartridges, gets tiring at times.
As far as pellets go the heavier caliber 22, 25, and 30 are very close to the same in BC so I don't see any real world advantage for a 6mm.

Probably none for 6mm for slugs either.

There might be some advantages for 20 cal slugs??? I know the 20 cal centerfire bullets have a high-ish BC and can be driven faster. For example a 40gr 20 cal vmax has a .275 BC whereas the same brand and weight vmax 22 cal has a .2 BC. That's a significant difference.

I do know what you mean though! I used to turn necks, ream flash holes, prep primer pockets, weigh cases, etc.
All I do now is trim. My 6mmBR will do .6" at 100Y consistently but the 6mmPPC was half that. Though the 6mmBR is a long range rig shot off a bipod and rear bag with unprepped cases and the 6mmPPC was a BR rifle with prepped cases off a BR set up with Farley Joystick front rest and Edgewood rear bag.
Of course the 6mmBR will out do the 6mmPPC at long range because the 107gr SMK has a much higher BC than the 68gr flat base both in energy and less wind drift.