My Take on The FX Wildcat .22

kmd, The Wildcat 25 is definitely a 100 yard gun. Not the greatest of them but pretty good. If absolute accuracy at that distance is your thing then you want to get a tuned RAW bench rest gun or the like. I rarely shoot beyond 50 yards and shooting pests is my thing. My WC .25 can one hole at 50 yards if I do my part but mine is somewhat delicate. I know if it gets bounced around in the truck or I bump it hard ... I'll need to zero it. This rarely takes more than 3 shots. When it goes off it's usually only about an inch.

The gun I hear is the most accurate for the money seems to be the Mutant. I just don't care for the rear cocking lever and have little faith in the distribution and manufacturer. That is ... will either of them still be around tomorrow?

"T3PRanch"

100 yards.

Thurmond
Thanks for the link. I have seen that video and I was impressed with the Wildcat shooting holes in those thick cans, especially considering caliber and power limitation. BUT, I cannot tell from the video how accurate it is at those distances. Shooting a can is one thing, and shooting an animal is another. I guess. I am not an expert, but I am taking an educated guess here. If you know what I mean?! 

Thanks.

EDIT: I remember watching it on my phone. Maybe I should have watched it again, before commenting on it. : )

"Nueces"kmd, The Wildcat 25 is definitely a 100 yard gun. Not the greatest of them but pretty good. If absolute accuracy at that distance is your thing then you want to get a tuned RAW bench rest gun or the like. I rarely shoot beyond 50 yards and shooting pests is my thing. My WC .25 can one hole at 50 yards if I do my part but mine is somewhat delicate. I know if it gets bounced around in the truck or I bump it hard ... I'll need to zero it. This rarely takes more than 3 shots. When it goes off it's usually only about an inch.

The gun I hear is the most accurate for the money seems to be the Mutant. I just don't care for the rear cocking lever and have little faith in the distribution and manufacturer. That is ... will either of them still be around tomorrow?
Copy that. Thanks for the input...

Kmd

"plinker"I have been very pleased with my wildcat. It is very compact and about the lightest bullpup around. I may get an Impact .25 after a few more months. I waited on fixes for the wildcat before buying also, and I just spent my kitty money on a plasma cutter. Haha. Got to save up again.
I am really close to getting one [Wildcat]. I like it a lot. The thing that I wish it had, is the power adjuster. Not sure how often I would use it, but I just want it, ha ha.

The gun I really "want" is an Impact in .25 as well. Too bad there is such a huge wait for it. Worse is the fact that there are so many "issues" with it though. Hopefully by the time mine is available, the problems are fixed. However, I am starting to believe that at this point the gun is over-engineered, but I mentioned that already a thousand times, ha ha.

Anyhow, that is nor here or there. I "need" a gun right now. I bought another Marauder .25 for now, but I have a $2,000 credit with AoA, and I would like to use it to get something "nice". I wouldn't mind getting a Taipan Mutant if it came in .25.

Thanks.

It just goes to show how subjective loudness of an airgun can be. You get a different answer for the same gun depending who you ask.

My opinion changes for the same gun depending on the day. Some days I think my Cricket 25 is loud and sometimes not. 

The pellet I choose makes a huge difference. The JSB heavies (33g) are the quietest I have. If I use jsb exact king (25g) then it sounds loud unless I adjust the hammer spring tension down. I need hearing protection when I use cleaning pellets.

I'd be interested to see if a fatter and shorter ldc would be effective on a .25 Wildcat because they are already 35" so I wouldn't want to go much longer. If anyone has both a 22 and 25 Wildcat, please can you comment on the differences in noise. I am assuming the 25 has a longer shroud like on the Cricket and with the longer barrel, maybe it makes up for the increase in power?

I plan on buying a Wildcat before the end of the year so I am more than just curious....

"zebra"It just goes to show how subjective loudness of an airgun can be. You get a different answer for the same gun depending who you ask.

My opinion changes for the same gun depending on the day. Some days I think my Cricket 25 is loud and sometimes not. 

The pellet I choose makes a huge difference. The JSB heavies (33g) are the quietest I have. If I use jsb exact king (25g) then it sounds loud unless I adjust the hammer spring tension down. I need hearing protection when I use cleaning pellets.

I'd be interested to see if a fatter and shorter ldc would be effective on a .25 Wildcat because they are already 35" so I wouldn't want to go much longer. If anyone has both a 22 and 25 Wildcat, please can you comment on the differences in noise. I am assuming the 25 has a longer shroud like on the Cricket and with the longer barrel, maybe it makes up for the increase in power?

I plan on buying a Wildcat before the end of the year so I am more than just curious....
I went with the .22 wildcat because I knew with moderation I could get it silent. That was one of my main desires. The .22 handles all of my squirrel work under 50 yards with room to spare. Squirrels are my main quarry, besides a few pest birds. I will likely get an impact in .25, but I don't expect the silence to be as good. By the time I get it, all of the kinks should be worked out. I used my Impact cash for a plasma cutter last week, because I want more time for updates on the impact to occur. I'm not a fan of the extending moderator.

I own both Wildcat .22 and Impact .22 & .25, and at present I would recommend Wildcat to anyone considering between the two.

Wildcat is more comfortable to shoulder, carry and far better balanced than the Impact. It is a quieter than Impact .22 as well in standard configuration (both set at 125bar reg, shooting JSB 18gr @ 900fps). And it shoots smaller groups to 50meters as well.

WC is my reliable hassle free PCP, whereas Impact is 'what's next to fix' at the moment. Getting better with changes but just not there yet. Not given up either :)

I am leaning towards Wildcat. You know its funny. A couple of days ago I was just reading about this gun and now I am considering buying one...lol I have the sickness I guess. My only reason for not looking at a Wildcat prior to this is the Bull pup design but everyone I talk to tell me how well they shoulder. The wildcat does not have a power adjuster correct and the Bobcat does. The bobcat looks much heavier and more bulky.