• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Taipan Veteran Long weight loss program

Well not much of a program but it got your attention right?

Not the most glamorous pics but

My taipans weightloss program worked, after using my Taipan Veteran Long .25 to pest, I realized the long version with the high mag scope was not ideal. Since the Alpha Wolf is same size same fpe as the Taipan Long, it made sense to size down my taipan and honestly I'm stoked!

After selling the long to @wolfmangreg under the conditions that I get asked first if he goes to sell her.... I placed an order at Utah Airguns for a Veteran Shorty in .22 , moderator adapter and Hugget Atom moderator (im wondering if it will even need it lol). To my surprise they already installed the adapter for me!!

@utah_airguns tuned it for what I planned on tuning it for so im pumped nothing needs to be touched there.

Tonight I'm going to drill the stock and mount the accushot pic rail, install the huma digital gauge, and the other goodies I got so stay tuned, wish I wasn't still at work so I could get cracking on it!

I also upgraded my tripod but more on that to come this evening.

Man I cannot wait for this setup to get used sunday.

290581605_7943506895667045_5860462257072710667_n.jpg
290788854_1208363156588380_2968194931003137640_n.jpg
290438954_580241503765695_8934312485936805616_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice new gun! Plus I like those little Veyron scopes, which to me punch well above their pricepoint. I use them on most of my compact ground squirrel hunters. Have an Optisan CP 3-12x32 on the other compact hunter, which is a little nicer than the Veyron, but more money. Plus I like the Veyron's homeycomb sunshade as opposed to the Optisan's standard tube shade. Gets the job done without compromising the scope's compact form factor.

Congrats on your new gun set-up.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Nice new gun! Plus I like those little Veyron scopes, which to me punch well above their pricepoint. I use them on most of my compact ground squirrel hunters. Have an Optisan CP 3-12x32 on the other compact hunter, which is a little nicer than the Veyron, but more money. Plus I like the Veyron's homeycomb sunshade as opposed to the Optisan's standard tube shade. Gets the job done without compromising the scope's compact form factor.

Congrats on your new gun set-up.
Thank you!

I was going back and forth between the CP 3-12x32 and the Veyron but the reviews I read and the price point sold me on the Veyron. I hope to have good luck with it!

How's the sound comparison between just the OEM shroud/baffles and the OEM shroud/baffles + the Huggett?

So I fired it one time without the Atom on it, then fired it a couple times with it on , I would say it's actually significant but I am going to the range Friday with this. I will take a video to compare for you all.

They say the Hugget Atom will silence up to 12 fpe, based on what I heard today I say that's bologna.

Seems like volume is the end-all be-all for moderation.

I suspect you won't notice a huge difference in report with or without but I'm curious none-the-less.

Plus, the Taipan shrouds are quite effective as a solo report reducer.
I do think it made a difference , if it didn't, It's coming off and I won't use it haha , more compact that way 😜

Looks great. I use the fatboy on mine, and I can’t hear anything other than the hammer. These guns are stupid accuracy, and fun as hell!
View attachment 271958

When I made the decision to sell my Vet Long for a compact I made it very clear I would only trade for a compact. I have no intentions of never having a Taipan in my collection, they really are in their own odd little league.

Reactions: madeintheuk
So first picture is the Taipan Compact with the factory Moderator and the TINY TINY Huggett Atom Moderator and the second picture is without. There was skepticism that it would not do much as the compact vets have sufficient suppression as long as they are not shooting too "hot" , well 10-11 dB difference is pretty substantial. After listening to the clips again , its noticeable.

The Huggett Atom Moderator is THE SMALLEST on the market at 3.5" L x 1.22" Diameter.

I am very impressed and the quality is TOP NOTCH

Screenshot_20220630-170839_Decibel X.jpg
Screenshot_20220630-170856_Decibel X.jpg

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_