• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Steyr My Steyr LG 110 by Allen Zasadney

Michael

Administrator
Staff member
After attending the most recent Pyramyd AIR Cup, my low power precision FT interests have been rekindled.

I dug out my Steyr LG 110 and took a few shots... damn this thing is sweet! *Neat story about this one.

Unfortunately I've got a slow air leak. I did a quick search here on AGN and found a few threads by @Motorhead & @Xbowsniper (RIP Tom). But I'm unable to locate a list of parts, or methods of disassembly. I found an exploded diagram on Steyr's website of the LG 110's successor, the Challenger Hunter. However there is no parts list. https://www.steyr-sport.com/en/downloads-air-rifles/parts-lists-with-exploded-views

Some of their instructional videos look promising, but lack details

I'm gonna hit it with some "snopes" this evening. If the leak is simple I'd like to try to replace the o-ring(s) myself (hopefully it's not the tiny o-ring inside the regulator!) but I don't even know if I can remove the tube while its under pressure!

Any assistance locating the leak and/or o-rings are appreciated.

-Michael

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I enjoy high power/long range but "low power precision ft" is what I love the most.

I hope you get the Steyr squared away and jump into the deep end of field target with both feet.
This one is .22 caliber, so I'd kinda be forced to shoot either HFT or Open at 20FPE. Do you feel like .22 caliber is a big disadvantage in those classes?

This one is .22 caliber, so I'd kinda be forced to shoot either HFT or Open at 20FPE. Do you feel like .22 caliber is a big disadvantage in those classes?

.22 can be used for Hunter or Open but yes it is a disadvantage over .177 or .20. I've shot matches in .22 using the JSB RS 13.43gr from a Veteran and the JSB 14.35 from a Red Wolf Standard. I did well with both of them but doping the wind is harder than with the normal pellets used for 20fpe field target.

FT is such an equipment specific discipline and splitting hairs between BCs actually matters. The .22 pellets I mentioned dont have as high of BCs as the three main pellets 20fpe ft shooter use. Those three being the .177/13.43, the .177/10.34 and to a lesser extent, the .20/13.73. Always outliers, but one of those three pellets is usually used by the shooter with high match score.

BUT, you are one of only two guys to ever shoot a perfect score in an Extreme Field Target event. Ie, you're skilled enough to overcome the slight disadvantage of using a .22 over .177.

Reactions: Michael
.22 can be used for Hunter or Open but yes it is a disadvantage over .177 or .20. I've shot matches in .22 using the JSB RS 13.43gr from a Veteran and the JSB 14.35 from a Red Wolf Standard. I did well with both of them but doping the wind is harder than with the normal pellets used for 20fpe field target.

FT is such an equipment specific discipline and splitting hairs between BCs actually matters. The .22 pellets I mentioned dont have as high of BCs as the three main pellets 20fpe ft shooter use. Those three being the .177/13.43, the .177/10.34 and to a lesser extent, the .20/13.73. Always outliers, but one of those three pellets is usually used by the shooter with high match score.

BUT, you are one of only two guys to ever shoot a perfect score in an Extreme Field Target event. Ie, you're skilled enough to overcome the slight disadvantage of using a .22 over .177.

The barrel is steel bedded so changing calibers really isn't an option 😜 unless I can find someone (maybe Allen or David) to do the swap. But that would probably take a while & cost a lot. Maybe this rifle is just meant to be .22 and used in HUNTER Class!

The barrel is steel bedded so changing calibers really isn't an option 😜 unless I can find someone (maybe Allen or David) to do the swap. But that would probably take a while & cost a lot. Maybe this rifle is just meant to be .22 and used in HUNTER Class!

I practice with 8x11 sheets of paper covered in rows of 3/8" circles with a dot in the middle. If you can keep em inside the 3/8" circle from 10 out to about 20 yards, at least touching the circle from 20-35ish and all within an inch at 55 yards, and know where to hold to do that in wind, you'll be at the top of the stat sheet for most matches. Even if it is a .22.

The other big component is of course a scope that'll give you accurate distances when ranging by focus, either at 16x for Hunter, or any magnification you want for Open.

And also get the leak fixed with the help of somebody who can help with that particular gun.

IMO this could possibly be the best case scenario!

Does anyone know if:

1. I can remove the air tube while it’s pressurized?
  2. Bleed the air tube?
  3. Or any other useful information.

Thanks
Dowdy washer leak ... Try snugging it up, if it rotates with just modest pressure ?
YES, you can remove a charged cylinder as there is a check valve. * Unscrew a couple turns & fire a couple empty shots, once plenum collapses in pressure the tube will spin off a lot easier.

Domestic parts .. Try Pilkguns

Dowdy washer leak ... Try snugging it up, if it rotates with just modest pressure ?
YES, you can remove a charged cylinder as there is a check valve. * Unscrew a couple turns & fire a couple empty shots, once plenum collapses in pressure the tube will spin off a lot easier.

Domestic parts .. Try Pilkguns
Sweet, thanks Scott! I'll try to snug it up then recheck for leaks.

Reactions: Motorhead
Sweet, thanks Scott! I'll try to snug it up then recheck for leaks.
Well I'll de darned! I snugged it up nice and tight with a socket wrench and that appears to have fixed it! I'll pressure test it overnight.

Do you have a lot of experience with Steyr? I see you offer tuning services ;)

Reactions: L.Leon
Well I'll de darned! I snugged it up nice and tight with a socket wrench and that appears to have fixed it! I'll pressure test it overnight.

Do you have a lot of experience with Steyr? I see you offer tuning services ;)
Few years back I stopped working on the STEYR's .. Parts access issues, Too fiddly on staying adjusted just right. While I would agree there a fantastic rifle and Many will swear by them .. as a professional tuner it was really hard to make them worth the while with so much other work knocking on the door.

Reactions: Michael